Chapter 31: The Future Pt.3

Luna's POV

I crossed my arms, sitting on a balcony as I stared out into the rest of the city and Capsule Corp. Some city this is. Too busy. Too... lively. Being antisocial never had perks. I sat inside, learned everything from books and the internet. I learned little, and not a lot. I only knew how people interacted from seeing Mom and Dad, Gohan and Videl, Goten and Trunks. I never knew what it was really like to experience it myself. To mean hello, to say goodbye. Feelings... they made me hurt worse. Grandma told me how much it meant to be a real social person. Mom didn't like that idea at first, but she grew up quickly. She had to.

"Dumb ideals."

I didn't understand a lot, yet I haven't experienced it, so I can't really say much right now about it.

"Hey Luna."

"Hey Trunks."

He leaned on the railing next to me.

"What are you doing," He asked, looking over at me.

"Just staring out. Got nothing better to do."

I shrugged.

"Weren't you training?"

"I stopped. Future Me needed a break. I'm pushing her around."

"Why?!"

"Because she needs to toughen up. If she's asking Mom for help, then I have to step in. She's just gonna suck, which is why I need to tell her she needs to have a drive. Whatever you fight for, that's your goal. I learned that a long time ago."

"You did?"

"Yeah. I... I did."

"Do you have to be harsh though?"

"Yeah. I'm teaching myself a lesson."

"Which is?!"

"Why are you getting so angsty all of a sudden?"

"Out of all people, you're giving yourself the most trouble."

I turned around, leaning over to face him.

"Out of all people, I give IRL people the most trouble."

"IRL?"

"In real life. None the less, I give them the toughest time, because I don't like dealing with them. I want whatever I want, and I get out, no problem."

I shrugged.

"You don't have to."

"People are too much of a hassle. I hate dealing with them. They try to pressure on these ideas of being social will bring success or whatever."

I hopped off the railing of the balcony. I walked back inside.

"I refuse to believe that's a thing, so I just do what I do, and become successful one way or another."

I nodded my head to with a grin.

"And I'm getting my work cut out for me."

When it came time for them to leave, Mom crossed her arms.

"Good Luck guys," Bulma waved.

They waved back, and soon the time machine was gone from existence.

"Luna, can you go buy food," Mom handed me some money.

"Sure, I don't mind, as long as you give me my fee," I snickered.

She rolled her eyes, slamming more money in my hands.