Chapter 5: Goku's gone, and a new responsibility

The next thing I knew, I woke up on Earth completely healed. I sat up. I looked around.

"Miss Yin!!"

I was hugged by Gohan, who seemed to be a bit too tight.

"Uh, hey, what's up? I almost die or something?"

He leaned back and looked at me.

"Um... Miss Yin?"

"Hmm?"

"Dad... didn't make it back."

I stared at him. I looked forward, before hiding my face in my knees.

"I didn't convince him hard enough. He promised. He promised me he would come back."

I felt my knees get wet, probably from my tears.

"W-We can get dad back! We'll get him back! With the Dragon Balls!"

I looked at Gohan.

"How long through? Aren't the Dragon Balls out of commission?"

"We have the Namekian Dragon Balls."

"Ah, right."

I sniffled, wiping my face.

"...You care about my Dad a lot, don't you?"

"Hmm? Why do you ask that?"

"You care about him a lot more than Mom does."

"Nah, that's not right."

I shook my head, standing and looking down at him.

"Your Mom's gotta care about him more than I do."

"They've been... rocky lately."

"Heh, Goku told me the same thing."

"Mom yells at him a lot. Probably because he's been gone and he goes and gets himself killed and everything."

"Not his fault. He has the fighting spirit in him."

I smiled.

"Yeah, that's what Vegeta kept saying. Saiyans have the fighting spirit in them."

"You're however half human. That means you have the power to resist that fight."

I looked around.

"Are we at Bulma's place?"

"Yeah. We were waiting for you to get up."

"Mhm."

I looked at him.

"Isn't your Mom worried?"

"We haven't spoken since the hospital when I agreed to go to Namek with Bulma and Krillin."

I nodded my head.

"Let's go. How long until the Dragon Balls set?"

"A few months."

"We can wait. If you can, then I can."

I grinned.

By the few months, I struggled to get my thoughts in order until Bulma called me to go to Capsule Corp. The Namekians got a new planet, and we just got back all our friends using the Dragon Balls.

"Alright, let's get my Dad from the dead," Gohan smiled.

The Namekian Dende said something to their Dragon, only for him to mutter something in response.

"It can't be done."

"Huh," Everyone asked.

"W-Why not?"

"The one named Son Goku isn't dead. He's alive farther in the distance, training. It will take a while for him to return."

"I'm tired of him training all the damn time," I heard Chi-Chi growl.

Well, after all this, I got to talk to Chi-Chi for a bit. She seems tired of Goku training and wants him to stay at home for once. She wants him to be a good influence for Gohan.

"Chi-Chi w-wait-," I started.

"This is the last straw! He doesn't care that he's leaving a family behind. He's just in it for himself."

"N-No. He cares a lot about y-you. He loves you! And maybe he's just getting a tiny bit carried away. T-That's all."

"I'm tired of him doing that!!! C'mon Gohan. We're leaving. We're going to live a life without your father."

Chi-Chi starts walking. I shivered.

"Mom! Wait! Why can't you give him a chance?!"

"He's had too many. Now you can either stay, or come with me. What will it be?"

Gohan grunted, staring at his mother with a confused look in his eyes. Gohan moved and stood next to me.

"I'll stay, and wait for Dad to return."

She scoffed.

"You Saiyans are all the same. Too stubborn."

She looked up at me.

"When you see him, tell him we're through! I'll be moving back in with my father until Goku comes to his senses and begs for my forgiveness. We will never be together again!"

"CHI-CHI!!!"

Everyone stared as she walked. I collapsed onto my butt, looking at her in shock and confusing.

"Fuck. Damn. Shit. Fuck," I whispered, grabbing my hair and struggling to pull it all out at once.

"Miss Yin? Are you alright," Gohan asked.

"S-She can't mean that. Can she? I mean, that has to be a bluff. This shouldn't happen. They're lovebirds. They're happy. Lovers Quarrel. Their relationship is perfect. It can't end, right? Right?"

"I think that broke Yin mentally," Bulma placed her hands on my back.

I started to shiver, still muttering to myself.

"They're perfect. It's not like Goku could make a mistake. No. It's not his fault. It's no one's fault. It's in the situation. Blame the situation."

"Get that girl a paint set. She's been filling her thoughts with nothing but training."

I shut my mouth. I looked up. I got up. I turned around and walked the opposite way of Chi-Chi.

"Miss Yin?!"

"Yin!"

"I'll be right back," I muttered.

I know where I need to go. To solve all my problems.

I felt something grab my pants leg. I stopped and looked down.

"If you're leaving, I'm going with you."

Gohan. He gave me a determined look. I crouched down in front of him.

"You think you can handle it?"

"I can handle anything."

I stood.

"Alright. We're off."

I flew off.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere I know to go to."