Chapter Five

Sorry for no chapter yesterday guys, I was out watching Infinity War (that movie broke me. I still can't function like I used to.) and honestly could not work after that. But here's the next chapter, so enjoy!

[Amanda]

  All of a sudden, I wasn't in Vector Sigma anymore. I wasn't even wearing the space suit anymore, it was replaced by some dark skinny jeans and a white blouse. From what I could see, I was at the top of a mountain, with a garden at my feet that spread on for miles, only breaking around a silver observatory in the centre of the flat. Frowning, I knelt down to see a flower I knew all too well.

  "Anemones," A voice I recognized said and I looked up to see a woman in front of me. "They are beautiful, aren't they? Cybertron used to flourish with them, until all was lost."

  The woman was not fully Cybertronian, her body wasn't all metal, but she still looked like she belonged to the planet. She wore a long, silver, floor-length dress that swept behind her. A cloak rested on her shoulders, also long and silver. On her head were locks of silvery hair that almost shimmered as much as her dress, and her skin was porcelain with a tint of energon blue. And her eyes.... The entire socket was pure silver. She was strange and beautiful, but also felt dangerous all at the same time.

  "I'm assuming you're Cleona?" I said, standing up. She and I were almost the same height, her just a few inches taller than me.

  "I am," Her voice was the one I kept on hearing in my head, the same light and angelic tone. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Amanda Beckett. I have waited for this day since you were born, when your purpose was set in the stars."

  I made a face. "I guess this was supposed to happen a lot sooner, though."

  "Yes. Your mother prevented it, but perhaps for the best as you are more ready now than you were before." The goddess said, her words regretful. "I am truly sorry for your loss, Amanda. I know you were both close."

  My jaw clenched, but I moved on. "So what does all this mean? What do you expect me to do with the silver dust? Why me?"

  A small smile appeared on her face. "You were chosen because of who you are, Amanda. Who you are destined to become. I chose you as my champion because I know your purpose in this world is to deliver truth and justice, just as I had during my time. Come, walk with me." I did and she lead me through the paths in her garden. "By becoming my champion, you will be granted full access to the powers I possess, though you have already had a taste of it. Might I add that I watched as you tried to practice with it and was impressed at your determination. The 'silver dust' as you call it has many abilities, but you must continue to work hard to unlock your full potential, which means you will need practice. Optimus will be able to help you with that."

  Optimus.

  "That's why we're here." I said. "We need to get his memories back. But I'm assuming you already knew that."

  She shook her head. "I foresaw your visit here, though the reason was unclear. Fear not, your efforts to recover my dear friend's memories will succeed, it is what you do with them is unclear. The future is not to be read like a book, it changes with every little thought or action."

  "Sounds confusing."

  She laughed, the sound like ringing bells. "It is, but there is not much else to do when your champion has not done the ritual yet."

  I stopped walking. "What ritual?"

  "Before you are to take on my powers and responsibilities, you must swear to protect the innocent and never use your abilities to spread chaos." Cleona regarded me cooly. "I suspect that will not be much of a tough choice for you."