Chapter Seventeen

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you that these updates (hold up- what updates  XD) might be coming in slower because I just broke three fingers last week playing ball hockey (fun stuff). Luckily I already wrote some buffer chapters, like this one, but please bear with me because it's hard typing with your non dominant hand. Enjoy lovelies!

Episode 11 - Flying Mind

[Aboard the Nemesis]

  "Dreadwing, damage report." Megatron commanded as sparks flew around him and a siren blared, all originating from some part of his warship.

  Dreadwing turned away from his computer. "We have suffered critical damage to all major systems, Lord Megatron. It will be some time before we can get the ship airborne."

  The Decepticon Leader's fists clenched. "Soundwave-"

  The silent Con already knew what his master wanted, displaying security footage from the Nemesis' main reactor to reveal the culprit of the massive damage the ship sustained. From the footage, a large, dark green figure smashed right through the reactor, causing explosions from the unstable energy source.

  "So it was an Autobot who crippled my vessel," Megatron mused as he watched the security footage. "They will move quickly to exploit any perceived weakness."

  "Surely they're not foolish enough to launch a direct assault, my liege." Knockout said as he walked into the room. The doctor had been different over the past few weeks, not so much like the Con he was before the loss of his partner, but tried his best to seem normal enough.

  Megatron didn't look convinced. "Optimus has grown decidedly more ruthless since our last encounter."

  Then an idea popped in the Decepticon Leader's mind, causing him to start for the reactor room. Knockout hurried after him, curious as to what made his leader spur into action all of a sudden. Just before they reached the reactor room, Megatron stopped at the energon supply chamber, where he grabbed a box of dark energon before continuing to the reactor.

  "Lord Megatron," Knockout strode to keep up with him, realizing what he intended to do. "As your physician, I strongly advise against this. Dark energon's regenerative properties are impressive, but the side effects.... There's no telling how it might impact the ship!"

  Megatron didn't turn, finally reaching the reactor with his box. "Dark energon courses through my veins. Infusing the Nemesis will enable me to manipulate the warship as if we are one, and together, we shall crush Optimus Prime."

[Amanda]

  "But when the Insecticons suddenly backed off, I got inspired by my proximity to the power core," Bulkhead was saying. "And did what I do best."

  "You trashed Megatron's ride like a rock star in a hotel room!" Miko finished, causing me to smile a bit at her enthusiasm. Bulkhead had been retelling the story of how he accidently got trapped on the Nemesis, the Decepticon warship, with a bunch of Insecticons last night ever since we arrived at the base in the morning. So far it had been a slow day, so Bulkhead filled the silence with his tale of how he debilitated the warship.

  "We should hit the Cons right now," Arcee suggested. "While they're vulnerable."

  Ratchet shook his head. "Megatron's warship may be grounded, but let's not forget that we remain vastly outnumbered. Especially since he has added the Insecticon hive to his ranks."