Chapter Twenty-One

It has honestly been so long since I posted a chapter! I'm soooooo sorry lovelies, but I've been so caught up with school and finals that I had no time whatsoever to write. Your continued comments and support have been amazing though, and there isn't a day where they haven't gone unnoticed. Thank you guys for sticking with me, even though I've been out of the game for a bit. This one is for you! Enjoy!

Episode 16 - Hurt

[Amanda]

  Ratchet hurried to scan Bulkhead, who still hadn't moved, over, then grabbed two devices from the medlab and began to give the wrecker electric shocks at intervals, which only meant that he wasn't responding. Horror was coursing through me and on impulse, I ran halfway down the stairs. Agent Fowler, who had been tracking Bulkhead's situation, joined me but froze as well. There had to be something we could do-

  "Bulkhead, respond!" The medic demanded. "Bulkhead!"

  The sound of two engine noises caught my attention and I glanced up momentarily to see Bumblebee and Arcee driving through the ground bridge. Bee almost plowed straight into Bulkhead, since he was right in front of the bridge, and had to swerve to get out of the way. The scout's passenger seat door swung open and Miko burst out, fear written all over her face.

  "Bulkhead?" I couldn't hear her words but could read her lips. Agent Fowler snapped to attention and pulled Miko back when she tried to approach the wrecker. "What happened?!"

  Ratchet paused the electric shocks to scan Bulkhead over again. "Tox-En exposure, among other things. Bulkhead has suffered a complete systems failure."

  "Hold on." Arcee pushed forward. "Tox-En?"

  The medic didn't reply, only looked over his scan readings before looking to the others. "Help me get him to the medical bay, now!"

  Bumblebee and Arcee were quick to do so, and Miko burst forward again.

  "If I hadn't gone to New York-" she started and I ran down the rest of the stairs to get to her.

  "Miko, there was nothing you could have done." Agent Fowler said. "Hardshell sucker punched the big lug when he was down."

  She whirled around. "Who?"

  He shrugged. "Some Insecticon, it doesn't matter."

  I put a hand on her arm. "The point is, it's not your fault, whether you went to New York or not."

  Her gaze went dark and to the medlab. "Got it." We walked over to the medlab, where Ratchet was hooking up Bulkhead to what I could only guess was life support. The ground bridge opened once more, this time Optimus driving through and immediately heading towards the medlab. Raf must have taken over the transport and communications of the Prime, probably already telling him about what happened.

  "Ratchet-" Optimus started and the concern in his eyes was evident.

  "I'm doing the best I can," The medic replied. "Now we can only hope that we can stabilize him."

  Miko plopped to the floor, pulling her knees to her chest and her forehead down on them. Jack sat next to her immediately, close enough so that their shoulders were touching. I did the same on her other side, hoping to let her know that we were here. Behind us, Agent Fowler got a call and walked away to answer it, while Finn and Raf were still working on the computers to wrap up the four missions.

  "Valilorna, what have you done?" Cleona demanded, watching her counterpart warily.

  Valilorna's laugh was enough to chill bone. "Only created a substance to destroy all of Primus' offspring. Did you really think I'd allow them to continue living, even with this war killing many?"