Chapter Eighteen

Sorry for the late chapter, I'm so bad at keeping schedules please don't get mad at me. Plus, with three broken fingers, you can't blame me for being slow! Hope you lovelies enjoy!

[Amanda]

  "Fowler to base." Agent Fowler said through his phone once we landed at the other side of the ground bridge. "We're in."

  The Nemesis was every way the evil headquarters from most nightmares. With twisting hallways illuminated by purple light, it almost felt like a maze that we were way too small to play in. The walls around me gave me a sickening feeling; there was definitely dark energon in play here, and a massive amount of it. There was a group of Decepticons in front of us, all frozen the same way the Autobots were. Creepy.

  "Good." Ratchet said, his voice on speakerphone so we could all hear him. "Their data core should be accessible from any console."

  I inclined my head to the room to our left. "Let's try in here."

  We all crept in, still not sure how to act with the frozen Decepticons. What if they unfreeze all of a sudden? Would we be able to get away? Would I be able to hold them off with my powers?

  "Here's one." Jack said slowly, bringing me back to reality. In front of us was a computer with a solid red screen, and a certain Con frozen in front of it...

  "Doc Knock is knocked out." Miko said, running up to Knockout's foot and slamming her fist into him before giving us the okay.

  "Look!" Raf pointed up at the red screen. "Why is that text flashing?"

  I peered up at it. "Those are Iacon coordinates. The ship must've decoded two more." Beep. "Make that three more."

  "Then let's grab this stuff and go." Finn said. "Amanda, Raf, Agent Fowler, use Knockout as a wall and climb."

  We did so, climbing up Knockout to get to the computer while the others stayed on the ground to monitor everything. It was kind of high up, similar to the height of the platform back at base. Once up there, I scanned the area again and saw no signs of movement, which relieved a bit of stress, but I wouldn't be able to relax until we were out of there.

  "Here's a port." Raf said and Agent Fowler handed him the data stick, which the younger boy plugged in. An icon flashed on the screen, indicating the download was starting.

  "Why is the warship heading for Manhattan?" Jack asked and I saw he was looking at a nearby screen. This screen had a map of the world on in, with words and arrows pinpointed on the city.

  "That's where the first set of coordinates are located." I replied.

  "You can read that?" Raf whispered, and I shrugged.

  "Enough to grasp what it says."

  Agent Fowler stepped forward to get a look. "What would a relic from Cybertron be doing in the Big Apple?"

  "The Iacon relics landed on Earth eons ago, Agent Fowler." Ratchet said through Fowler's phone. "Long before the city was built atop it."

  "Which means if the ship wants this one," Jack said. "It may have to move some buildings out of the way."

  "Our mission just got complicated." Finn's tone was grim. "We can't let it tear up one of the biggest cities in the world. How do we get the ship off course?"

  "I would advise disabling the navigation module." Ratchet replied. "Call up the main navigation menu."

  Raf pointed at a button. "There."