Chapter Thirty

Hey everyone! I just recently posted a Transformers Prime one shots collection based on these books. Go check it out and feel free to contact me with feedback or ideas for new one shots. Thanks! But first, enjoy this chapter!

No Episode

[Amanda]

  The next day, I was waiting in front of the school with the others to get picked up by the Autobots. I was still trying to think of a way to talk to Arcee without Optimus knowing that I was going behind his back. It had been on my mind all day, getting me a few lectures from teachers, but I barely paid attention to them. I did have more important things to think about.

  After what felt like an hour, three vehicles pulled up to the curb. Miko headed to Bulkhead, who was finally clear to pick her up, while Finn and Raf headed to Bumblebee. Jack was about to walk over to Arcee when he got a text and frowned as he read it.

  "What's wrong?" I asked.

  "My boss needs someone to cover this shift," He said. "He's offering extra pay too. I'm going to have to bail."

  "Take that shift," Arcee said, voice low to avoid attracting attention since we were in public. "I'll pick you up after it."

  He nodded. "Thanks, Arcee." Then he took off in the direction of K.O. Burger.

  This is your chance!

  I turned to Arcee. "I need to ask you something, but not here. Can we go to my place?"

  "Hop on," She said and I did. She sent a quick message to the others that we were taking a detour before pulling away from the curb and driving towards my house. The drive was silent and we arrived a few minutes later. Once in my driveway, I climbed off and she transformed.

  "What's this about?" Arcee asked, putting her hands on her hips.

  "I- Can I ask a favor?" I started.

  She shrugged. "I don't see why not."

  Here goes nothing. "Can you teach me how to fight a Cybertronian?"

  Surprise crossed her expression. "Where did this come from?"

  I explained to her what I tried to explain to Optimus. "I asked him to teach me, but he said it'd just encourage me to run out and get involved with the fight."

  "It's a valid point," She agreed.

  "But still!" I exclaimed. "I don't want to have to rely on others for protection, I want to protect myself. That doesn't mean I want to join you guys on missions, because I'd really rather not unless I really have to and when it comes to attacks on me personally, I'd really have to."

  She rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Amanda, if I help you I'll be going against Optimus."

  "He doesn't have to know," I blurted. "I mean, I just need a few tricks. Just enough to get away." She didn't look very sure, so I increased my efforts. "Please, Arcee. You're the only one who can teach me. Optimus already said no, Bulkhead is still on the mend, Ratchet would throw a wrench at me, Bumblebee and I wouldn't understand each other, and we both know Smokescreen is definitely not an option."

  After a long moment, she sighed. "Fine. I'll teach you, but you have to promise to only use this training for self defense. No running off to play hero, understand?"

  "Understood." I said, containing my grin.

  She shook her head. "Let's get started then."

~~