Chapter Thirty-Three

Okay, I'm horrible, I know. I really am so sorry for not posting a chapter in so long. I had this online course I'm doing, ball hockey, I broke my fingers again (seriously, why), and had to deal with some personal issues. I don't know if this means I'll be able to post as much or not, I honest have no clue. I'm trying. Please bear with me. On the other hand, I'm glad that you guys are still around and still commenting on previous chapters, because that always motivates me to get working. I honestly adore you all. Enjoy this chapter, lovelies, you deserve it.

[Amanda]

  A few hours later, I was lying down on the couch at the base, working on managing my database. Because of how much stress had been on it for the past little while, I needed to run some routine checks and updates to fix it all up. Miko was playing a solo video game, occasionally yelling at the tv, and Jack was still out with Smokescreen. Ratchet was doing... well, whatever Ratchet usually does, and Optimus was working on decoding the Iacon database. The other Autobots were getting a little restless, constantly popping in and out of the base. Everyone had gotten used to action at every turn, so waiting around was difficult. It was for that reason the engine roar in the entrance tunnel caught everyone's attention right away. Smokescreen and Jack pulled into the base, both of them laughing.

  "I am so posting this tonight!" Jack laughed, showing Smokescreen his phone, which made the rookie laugh even harder. Miko and I exchanged a confused look while Arcee walked over to the pair.

  "Arcee, check out Vince's car." Jack said, turning his phone to show her.

  "The bully?" She clarified, not sounding impressed as she looked at whatever it was.

  "Hey Vince," He said, giving Smokescreen a knowing look. "Did you want fries with that?"

  They both burst out laughing again. Ratchet muttered something under his breath, Optimus didn't turn away from his work, and Bumblebee and Bulkhead still looked as confused as me and Miko.

  "Let me get this straight," Arcee said, standing up. "You taught Smokescreen everything he never needed to know about fast food."

  Jack shrugged slightly. "He passed driver's ed. Work hard, play hard."

  "Yeah!" Smokescreen grinned. "No humans were harmed in the making of these photos. Honest."

  I was still confused, and I didn't like being confused. As Jack walked up to the living area on the platform, he held out his phone so Miko and I could finally get a look. It was a picture of Vince's car... covered in fast food. I raised an eyebrow.

  "What did Vince do to deserve that pleasure?" I asked.

  "Threw a burger on Smokescreen's window," He explained, still smiling.

  "I approve!" Miko exclaimed, getting her a look from me. "Oh, come on, A! He deserved a lot worse, especially after everything he's done."

  I crossed my arms. "That doesn't mean you stoop to his level."

  Jack shrugged, plopping down on the floor. "Still posting it, though. This is gold."

  "Hey Jack," Smokescreen walked up to the platform. "Let's go on another drive. You know, more lessons."

  Jack eagerly complied and soon they were gone again. Sighing, I turned off my laptop and headed towards Optimus, who was working as hard as ever. I didn't want to distract him, but the weary look on his face told me he needed a break.

  "How's it coming along?" I asked, causing him to pause.

  "I am nearly finished decoding the next Iacon coordinates," He replied, but a beeping noise cut off anything else he wanted to say. Ratchet walked up to the computers, peering at them.