Season 2: Episode 4 and 6

Based on S2E4 and S2E6

Ricks POV
It was all over that Carl got his operation all we had to do was wait for him to recover.
Logan was always by his side and didn't want to leave him.

Carl woke up.
"Carl?" Logan called.

"Sophia? Is she okay?" Carl asked.

"She's fine just rest we'll be right here and your sister hasn't left your side yet so don't worry" I said.

"Okay" Carl said.

Everything was all right we all went to find Sophia again and I knew I had to rest because I gave so much blood but I had to find Sophia.

It was night time and I saw that Logan was still with her brother. Carl was awake and looking at Logan. I went up to both of them. Logan was asleep and I touched her to wake her up.

"Hey, dad." Logan and Carl said.

"Hey. Carl, I told you something earlier today about Sophia" I said.

"I know. Logan told me." Carl said.

"Here I was getting ready to confess.I didn't mean to lie.I just didn't want to worry you.It's a stupid excuse but it's all I got. Then again I should know by now you two never keep a secret from each other" I said.

"It's okay." Carl said.

"Do you think we'll find her? I know we will." Carl said.

"Well I don't know.But I truly believe it." I said.

"You look tired." Logan said smiling.

"I am tired." I said. "And you look tired too Logan"
Carl and Logan laughed.

"Hey, I'm like you now.We've both been shot.
Isn't that weird?" Carl asked.

"Yeah, I think your mother would rather hear we got the same eyes. So let's keep that between all of us.
Since you're in the club now, you get to wear the hat.
Didn't you know?" I asked.
I took my hat and I put it on Carls head.
It was huge on him.
"We'll pad the rim tomorrow so it sits better." I said.

"Won't you miss it?" Carl asked.

"Maybe you'll let me borrow it from time to time." I said.

"We can share it." Carl looked over at Logan. "What about Logan she told me she got over her fear of needles" he said.

I looked at Logan. "Do you want a hat like that?" I asked.

"Yes" Logan said.

"How about this if we ever get back to our home town I have an extra one just like it" I said.

Logan smiled.

"Okay." She said.

"Sleep now Carl and Logan you need to rest too" I said.

"Okay." Carl and Logan said.

"I love you, dad." Carl said.

"I love you." I said.
I picked up Logan she was so tired from being at her brothers side all day.
And I put her in the other room.
I took my uniform and my star badge and I put it away. And I felt extremely happy for both of my children.

Carl's POV
Mom, Logan, and I were feeding the chickens and my mom looked so worried about us.

"Don't look so worried." I said.

"It's my job." Lori said.

"No, it's not." Logan and I said.

"You're a housewife." Logan said.

"Yeah, punks? You see my house around here? A housewife." Lori said.

We all laughed and it was the best. The whole group was talking about gun training and I knew Logan and I wanted to do it too but we didn't know how to ask but we both went up to Shane.

"What's going on?" Shane asked.

"We want to learn to shoot too." I said.

"Can you teach us?" Logan asked.

"Well, twins,that's-- that's up to your parents." Shane said.

"Can you talk to them? They'll listen to you." I said.

"We'll see, okay?" Shane said. We both started walking away and Shane heard clicking.

"Hey.Let me see what you've got there." Shane said. We both knew to listen and we lifted our shirts and we had a gun on us.
Shane got mad and told on both of us.

"How the hell did this happen?" Lori asked.

"Well, it's my fault.I let them into the RV.
They said you wanted a walkie, that you sent them for one." Dale said

"So on top of everything else, they lied.
What were they thinking?" Lori asked.

"They want to learn how to shoot. They asked me to teach them. Now it's none of my business, but I'm happy to do it.It's your call." Shane said.

"I'm not comfortable with it." Lori said.
Dad was hesitant about it.
"Oh, don't make me out to be the unreasonable one here.Rick?" Lori said.

"I know.I have my concerns too, but" Rick said.

"There's no but.He was just shot.
He's just back on his feet and he and his sister wants a gun?" Lori asked.

"Better than them being afraid of 'em.There are guns in camp for a reason. They should learn to handle them safely." Rick said.

"I don't want my kids walking around with a gun." Lori said.

"But how can you defend that? You can't let them go around without protection." Rick said.

"They are just as safe as they will ever be right here.
Look, everything you're saying makes perfect sense.
It feels wrong.I mean I didn't feel good about them  following you out into the woods.And I wish I'd said something. I should've gone with my gut." Lori explained.

"They are growing up, thank God. We've got to start treating then more like an adult." Rick said.

"Then they need to act like one.
They are not mature enough to handle a gun." Lori said.
Logan and I got up to make our opinions.

" we are not gonna play with it, mom.It's not a toy.
I'm sorry we disappointed you, and I pushed Logan to take one too but We want to look for Sophia and We want to defend our camp." I said.

"We can't do that without a gun." Logan said.

"Shane's the best instructor I know.
I've seen him teach kids younger than the twins" Rick said.
Mom went up to us.

"You will take this seriously and you will behave responsibly.And if I hear from anyone in this camp that you're not living up to our expectations" Lori said.

"They won't let you down." Rick said.
We looked at mom.
"Yeah." Logan and I said.

We were finally practicing and it was fun.