Season 9: Episode 5

Based on S9E5
Ricks POV

"Wake up.Wake up.It's time to go.
Wake up." I said to myself in a dream.

"What is your wound?" Someone asked.

"Wake up." I said.

"Yeah, wake up, asshole." The me in my dream said to me.

I woke up and the walkers were coming close and I tried everything to get out of the bar I was impaled in. I got my belt off and I got a higher bar and I got out and got on the horse.

"I need to keep 'em safe.I need to stay awake." I said to myself. And I found a house and I ripped some cloth and I wrapped myself to slow down the bleeding. I fell asleep again.

"I'm looking for my family." I said wandering around Atlanta.

"What's your wound?" Someone said.

"God damn, cowboy.Look like shit." Shane said.

"So, what is this?" I asked.

"What is this? Come on, Rick.Look around.
You know what this is." Shane said.

"Are those the idiots we were chasin'?" I asked.

"Attaboy." Shane said.

"Dispatch said there was two suspects, right?" Shane asked.

"Oh, there's a third man." I said.

"Yes, there was.That third man changed everything, didn't he?" Shane asked.

"I'm looking for my family." I said.

"Oh, is that what you're doing, looking for your family, huh?" Shane asked

"Mm-hmm." I said.

"Well, see, that's not entirely true.
One could argue it's my family you're lookin' for, right? How is my baby girl, by the way? Got my eyes, doesn't she? And How is Logan?"

"Mm.She hasn't got your nose. And Logan is I swear just like Carl and me in the mix." I said.

"Good thing she ain't got my ears, man." Shane said.

"Ah, you're You're such an asshole." I said.

"Oh, yes, I am, yes, I am." Shane said.
"I am the asshole. Same as you, really."

"Oh, you think I'm an asshole?" I asked.

"I don't think a thing, man. I know you're an asshole.
I like to take credit for that, actually, Rick, when I think about it. I mean, I'm sure others did influence you, but I'd like to take full credit." Shane said.

"I didn't want it.You know that." I said.

"But you took it, right? Boy, that shit you did in that field, just you and me, man, you took a page out of my book, Rick.You know, I'm glad you did it.
You stepped up, brother." Shane said.

"It had to be me.Still has to be me." I said.

"Yeah, see, Rick, yeah, I think that's where you're wrong.Has to be me." Shane said.

"You?" I asked.

"That's right. The only way this gets done, Rick.
I want you to think about how you bit that piece of shit's throat out. Asshole in the church with the red machete. That is what I'm talkin' 'bout.
That's the shit that I need from you that I always knew you had in you.I knew you had it in you, Rick, and it is time. You want answers? You wanna know what this is all about, this right here, you and me?" Shane asked.

"I asked you, didn't I?" I asked.

"Yeah, you did ask, so now I'm gonna tell ya, and I want you to listen carefully. You got it? Mm.
It's time.Kneel down.Dig deep.Find it, Rick The rage, the hatred.Find it.The loyalty that's in there, find it.
It's in there, Rick.It's the only way that this gets done, and this has to get done.
You understand me? It has to.You can do it, brother." Shane said.