Season 8: Episode 16

Based on S8E16
Logan's POV
I noticed I was still crying I wiped my eyes.
I felt the wind blowing. "I'm sorry Carl" I said.
I kept crying until I saw someone in the distance.
I looked up.
"Hey Logan just stop your crying already" someone said.

"Carl?" I asked.

"Uh yeah it's me well actually you are seeing me only" Carl said.

"Like how Morgan sees people?" I asked.

"Yeah something like that what seems to be the problem?" Carl asked.

"I am sorry I tried Carl I really did. But I can't seem to honor your wishes and Negan is still gonna come and kills us all" I said.

Carl came up to me and hugged me which was weird to me. "Tell me this Logan do you know who you are?" Carl asked.

"Who am I?" I asked.
Carl shook his head yes.
I thought and I remember in his letter to sing out when I'm sad.

(I am Moana song but different words)

{ I am the girl who loves my brother. I am the girl who loves to lead it calls me. I am the daughter of the sherif chief. We are descended from Georgia we found our way across the world they call me}

I noticed that Carl was right all this time I could of just sang and I soon saw everyone I loved coming and walking towards me.

{I delivered us to where we are I have journeyed farther I am everything I learned at more they call me. And the call isn't out there at all it's inside me. It's like the tide always falling and rising.}

I came up to Carl and hugged him so tight. And everyone else came around me and hugged me so tight.
{I will carry you here in my heart you'll remind me and come what may I know the way. My name is Logan}
I ran off the roof and I looked back and everyone and Carl waved bye to me. I cried but I kept going and I got to my father.

Ricks POV
I was with Gracie and Siddiq came in. I was still upset.
"How did it happen?" I asked.
"Please tell me."

Siddiq looked at me.

"My mother's dead.She was bit.
I had to watch her die.Not long ago.
And she believed people, their their souls were trapped in the bodies of the monsters that killing the dead lets the living move on into an afterlife.
Carl and Logan were taking me back to your community, and I told them what my mother believed.And we saw a few of the dead.
He wanted to honor her.Logan stayed back but she ended up helping because she wanted to be like her brother. I think he was trying to show me that I could trust him and his sister.
That's how it happened.
He died paying respects to a woman he never knew.
But it was dangerous.
It was dangerous, and I didn't think about that.
I should've.
But all that's left of the people we lose, what was theirs are their ideas. And Logan is such a good kid doing what she is doing honoring or trying to honor her brother" Siddiq explained.

I walked out of the room.
"Thank you." I said and I saw Logan.
"Logan we need to talk" I said.

"I need to see Siddiq for a minute" Logan said.

She went in the room.

Logan's POV
I saw Siddiq. "I told your father" he said.
I went up to Siddiq and hugged him.

"Thank you for telling dad" I said
Siddiq hugged me back.
"No problem Logan. I hope we can make a friendship from this" he said.

"Of course we can Carl would want that" I said.
"You should go to your dad" Siddiq said.