crack on the wall

Hello, here is Chapter 12. Glad you all liked chapter 11. I just wanted to caught you in the little world of Paris. 

In the morning, Constance was woken up by a soft knock on her door. Moaning slightly, she flipped back the covers and got out of bed. "Just a moment, please," she called out, shuffling to the door and opening it just a crack.

"Good morning!" On the other side of the door, Anne was practically bursting with happiness. "Oh, did I wake you?" she asked, checking her watch.

"No, no..." Constance opened the door all the way and stepped aside to let Anne enter.

"Nice room," Anne said, looking around. She hadn't managed to see Constance's accommodation before.

"Yes, it's very comfortable. I think it's larger than my first flat," Constance said, trying to suppress a yawn.

"Late night yesterday?" Anne asked.

"Maybe...." The two women looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Go take a shower, that should wake you up. I'll order breakfast for us," Anne said, picking up the phone and calling down to the kitchen, while Constance went into the bathroom.

Finally completely awake after her shower, Constance stood in front of her wardrobe. "Anne? Are we going to stay at the chateau and go through the files again?" she called out to her friend.

"That's why I came," Anne said, coming into the bedroom and sitting on the bed. "The children's home called me this morning for an appointment. I thought we could visit them right away. We can talk to the people in charge and to the employees and see the facilities ourselves."

"Very good. I'm afraid I didn't have the time yet to look into it," Constance admitted.

"No problem, I can fill you in on the way. We'll leave in an hour, and breakfast is ready," Anne said and went back to the sitting room.

"Thanks, I'll join you in a minute."

Constance chose a pair of faded blue jeans, a white smock with turquoise print and a mint-coloured blazer. She went to her jewelry box and selected a large ring and a wide golden bracelet. Before joining Anne at the breakfast table, she quickly stepped into a pair of white-gold t-strap sandals.

 Before joining Anne at the breakfast table, she quickly stepped into a pair of white-gold t-strap sandals

"Wow, you're really dressed to the nines," Constance remarked, noticing Anne's outfit for the first time. "I wonder who for..."

Anne blushed slightly. She wore a red and white patterned pencil skirt and a sleeveless red top. A double-breasted white blazer lay on the chair beside her. The icing on the cake of her outfit was a pair of fire-engine-red patent leather high heels. "Well, we have to present a professional picture at the children's home, if we're to convince them that we want to help." Constance nodded and dropped the subject – at least for the time being.