Let's Help Eachother

a month later.....

"Morgan, let's take a photo." My dad passed my mother his cell phone and put his arm around me.

I sighed deeply and looked into the camera. My mother looked at me, "Smile. Morgan."

I flashed a fake smile.

"We're so proud of you

"We're so proud of you." My dad smiled.

"Oh really?" I asked, "That's hard to believe."

"Don't start Janet." My mother said, she always called me by my middle name when she's serious. "Now your father, Alexis, and I have a surprise for you. We're going to-"

"Whatever it is I don't want it." I said cutting her off. "I just want to go home and rest, today is a regular day for me."

"Morgan you've been talking about graduating high school since your first day of kindergarten." My dad reminded, "Stop acting like this."

"I'm not acting like anything I just wanna go home alright?"

"To that boy huh?" My mom said in a disgusted tone. "It's your graduation day, why isn't he here?"

"Because I told him not to come mom. Like I said, it's not that big of a deal." I walked towards my car and Asia stopped me.

"We're officially young women

"We're officially young women." She smiled.

I smiled back, "I agree."

"What you doing tonight? The football team is throwing a huge grad party."

"You know Dave isn't going to allow that." I reminded.

"Morg you gotta stop letting him control you, it's been way to long."

I sighed deeply. "He's not controlling me, I just try to to be disrespectful to him."

"Well you're meeting us at your parents place right?" She asked. "I'm about to be on my way there after I get changed."

"Get changed? For what."

"I just don't wanna be in this dress any longer, so I'll meet you there okay? You might wanna change to."