It's All Over

Dave let me go and Kairi was standing by the doorway. He picked her up, "Go back to bed baby." He said.

She looked at me, "Is Morgan okay?" She asked.

"Yeah she good." He said, "We were just playing a game. Right Morgan?"

I quickly wiped my tears and nodded, "Yeah it was just a game." I said.

She looked back at Dave, "I wanna go home." She whispered.

"Baby I'll take you home tomorrow you don't wanna stay with daddy?"

She shook her head no. "I wanna go home now."

He sighed, "Alright." He put her down. "Go put your shoes and coat on." She ran into the room and he looked at me, "I'm taking her home, but we gone finish this conversation when I get back."

"It wasn't even a conversation you immediately attacked me!" I hollered.

"Shut the fuck up before my daughter hear you!" He whispered violently. "Like I said, we gone finish this fucking conversation when I get back. Alright?" I didn't say anything, I just stared at him. He came closer to me, "Bitch don't you hear me talking to-"

"I'm ready daddy." Kairi said walked back into the living room.

"Alright." He said, he picked her up again. "Let's go."

When they left, I quickly ran into the room and took my robe off and put on a shirt and jacket. I put on some shoes and grabbed a duffle bag and put a couple things in there. I had to get out of here, I ran out the condo and to my car and quickly got in. I drove to Asia's house, I knew Dave was crazy. But not this crazy, he's fucking psycho! After fifteen minutes I was at her house, I knocked on the door abruptly and Asia hurried and answered. "Why are you banging my mom is going to wake up!"

I went inside the house. "I have to get away from him!" I cried. "Look what he did to me!"

Asia looked at my neck and grabbed her phone, "I'm calling the police." She dialed 911. "Hello? Yeah my best friend is in an abusive relationship. This isn't the first time he'd put his hands on her and he needs to be locked up!"

"What's your friend name ma'am?"

"Morgan Hill. And his name is David East."

"David East, okay and what location did the domestic violence happen?"

"His condo off of 3rd street. And I'd like to throw it in that he's apart of that shooting that happened at Sapphire club! David East do you hear me?! David East!" She hung up and sat her phone down. She looked at me, "Where is he?"

"He's dropping off Kairi."

"So he's at Natalie's?" She grabbed her phone again and I knocked it out her hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Telling Natalie to watch the fuck out!"

"Stop it." I sat on the couch. "I'm tired of it." I cried.

She sat next to me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry Morgan. You don't deserve this shit. You leaving that house, right?"

I nodded. "I don't know where I'm going to go though."

"Just go back home." She said, "They miss you."

I shook my head no. "I heard Alexis turned my room into her kids' nursery. They don't miss me."

"Well you can stay in our guest room." She stood up, "Come on. Let's go get you cleaned up and in the bed."

*