Chapter 8

Mariah POV

Promises, promises

Broken promises

wadded up into a ball

tossed into the wind

roll down the street

Tumbleweed

changing direction

at the slightest gust.

Or, released

from lips to drift

in the air

sprinkled confetti ending up

pavement soiled

brushed up against the wall.

Each flake a reminder of

pretty words nicely spoken

until they disintegrate.

********************************

This naïve Barbie bitch couldn't take a hit could she? Kirsty looked as if she got hit by a truck or something, like honestly she didn't look at herself before she left the house. Moments like this I wish my iPhone was charged but sadly I just had to stay on it 24/7 everyday oh well. I could tell she hadn't slept in days I hate to say this but I kind of felt bad for her. "Hello Kirsty, you look-" before I could finish my sentence her eyes turned red, great a pissed off vampire that's just my luck.

"I told you to stay away" she hissed but she couldn't walk any closer thanks to the witches spell.

"Last time I checked he was into me therefore he dumped you so"

"Y-you" before she could say anything else Mr and Mrs Jones come out thank goodness I would have burned her to hell in a few seconds. "Why hello there Ms.Tay how are your parents?" Mrs.jones said "Your lucky they came to save you but they won't protect you forever" Kirsty said getting into the limo riding away as we all waved goodbye.

We all walked inside Mr.jones office I'd had a feeling that they were going to have a 'talk' with me, "So let's here here it missy" Mr.jones said sitting at his desk. So I started with Jake and ended the story with Kirsty becoming jealous.

"Well... I have nothing to say but be careful with Kirsty she has a thin ice temper" Mr.jones said letting out a sigh.

"Vanessa you can come in now I know you heard everything" I said watching her walk in with her pink pajama shorts and white tank top on, I'd almost forgot it was getting dark.

"So now we both have the same enemy, that's just fantastic" Vanessa said 100% sarcastically

"Vanessa stay by Mariah honey, she still haven't control her strength and her fire elemental side" Mrs.Jones said softly

"Sure mom, come on Mariah" Vanessa said pulling me out the office before I could say goodnight Mr. and Mrs. Jones.

Nessa left to her room then I made sure I'd locked my door, I took a warm shower when I finished I tied my hair into a tight ponytail and wrapped my towel tightly around me then I sensed someone in my room, But remember locking my door. I walked in my bedroom looking around for an intruder, I backed up feeling broad muscular person by the smell I knew who it was. I turned my head to meet my old love Cole Brown he was a werewolf 'Alpha' I haven't seen him since 9th grade when he had to take over his fathers pack but I guess he's back. Cole was tall, muscular, handsome (sexy), grey eyes and dark short brown hair I could tell by the way he looked at me he was drunk.

"Cole, GET OUT!" I yelled as he lad on my bed

"Calm down Mimi, I just came to check up on you but I guess I came at the right time" He winked, I could tell by the way he was staring at me he wanted to rip my towel off. I ran into the bathroom to change into my white tank top and grey pajama shorts. By the time I got out Cole was standing at the door, I pushed him aside but he grabbed my wrist pulling me into his muscular arms as if he was hugging me. "You just don't know how much I've missed you shrimp"he said still hugging me tightly, great he still calls me that stupid nickname. "Your drunk Cole, just take the couch" I said getting his pillow and blanket out the closet by the time I turned around he was taking off his shirt, I couldn't help but stand and watch him undress to his polo boxers. I handed him the pillow and blanket "Thanks shrimp but why can't I sleep with you? I promise to keep my distance unless you want me to-" he said before I cut him off "No thank you Cole, good night" I said turning off my lamp "Goodnight princess" he said as he drifted of to sleep. He'd never called me that before maybe he was to drunk to know what he said or maybe he did change.

It was Saturday thank goodness, I tried to get up but I felt someone's muscular arm around my waist. I look toward the couch to see Cole not there, I turned around to see him sleeping on my bed. "COLE!" I yelled kicking him of the bed "What the hell shrimp? what was that for?" he yelled back "Didn't I tell you to sleep on the couch?" I said feeling the heat build up inside me. "I'm sorry I couldn't resist myself even though you knew you liked it" he smirked I felt my cheeks burn red, maybe I did but that still doesn't mean he had promission to sleep with me on my bed.

"Whatever Cole! just get out of my room" I hissed as he got up and put in his clothes. "Wait...Why do you smell like a human?" he said sniffing me, Oh shit the sent of Jake hadn't left yet damn it. "Well...um-" before I could finished Cole pinned me to the wall "Listen you belong to me Mariah, I'm sorry that I left for four years but I'm back and I know you still have feelings for me like I do for you, I love you I will always love you till death do us part" Cole whispered in my ear in his sexy husky morning voice I'd miss so much. He grabbed my waist closer to him until he kissed me I couldn't resist but kiss back it brought back so many memories I'd missed. Then he started kissing sucking on my neck before we went any farther he stopped leaving me in a trance for more, Cole leaned forward to my ear "You got that princess?" he said as I nodded then he jumped out the window.

I couldn't believe what just happened just now, Vanessa walked in seeing me still against the wall by the look I gave her she'd already knew what happened just now.

"So I guess that was Cole that came through your window last night"

"Wait...you knew he was here?"

"Yea but I know you haven't seen him in four years I knew you want to make up for lost times so surprise"

"Thanks but a heads up would of been good you know"

"I know, so are you going to stay away from Jake?"

"I can't I still have feeling for him, this is a very complicated love triangle ness"

"I know I'd been through it before remember, don't worry you'll be fine"she said exiting my room

"I hope she's right" I said getting ready for the day when I'd finish feeding Jake texted me to meet up to practice and Cole texted me to go out for a walk on the beach, great just my luck.

****

Hey sorry for the late update but I've been applying for 'a lot' of jobs lately so here you guys go, would you rather pick the bad boy or the good boy? what do you think of Cole? don't forget to comment, share, an vote thanks bye :)