001

Stan was walking home from school like normal, humming any song that came to his mind. He turned onto his street and walked up the driveway to the front door and unlocked it. He stepped inside and like normal it was completely empty.

He took off his backpack and put it on a bench near the door, then he slipped off his shoes and neatly put them to the side. After he took off his jacket and hung it up in the coat closet. Stan went into the kitchen to get a snack, he grabbed an apple with a glass of water.

Stan didn't have any homework so he turned on the t.v to a random channel so the house wasn't so quiet. He just relaxed for just over half an hour until his father came into the house.

Mr. Uris was in a good mood and he made small talk with his son for about ten minutes until Stan's mother came through the door. She asked everyone about their day while she started to make some dinner with the help of Mr. Uris. Stan went upstairs to his room to wait for dinner.

Mrs. Uris called Stan downstairs and they all sat down at the table for dinner.

"Mom, dad." Stan started, both of his parents looked at him as he continued, "so I've had somthing to tell you for a long time, and it's getting harder not to say every single day." He continued and then waited for a response. "Well what is it?" His dad finally asked. "I-I'm gay" both his parents looked at eachother and Stan looked at his lap.

"Go to your room" his mom said and Stan didn't move "Now!" His father yelled and he quickly got up then rushed up the stairs.

Once Stan closed his bedroom door he stared to cry softly while he slid down the wall.

He could hear his parents talking in hushed tones, Stan could not tell what they were talking about and he didn't ever feel like moving from his spot again.

He heard a knock in the door and jumped up despite him not wanting to, after a few seconds both his parents came in and his dad said four words and then they both left,

"You're moving out, tonight."

Stan started to cry again and he wanted to be out of there as soon as possible. He grabbed a backpack and shoved everything he needed for school into it as well as a book about birds, and his favorite book 'The diary of Anne Frank' he grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste and put it in his bag as well as floss and a bunch of socks.

He grabbed a duffle bag from his closet and he put p.j's, underwear, a pair of shoes, four t-shirts, four pairs of long pants, two pairs of shorts, and two hoddies. Stan grabbed any money he could find without his parents seeing and put it into his bags.

Without saying a word, he opened the door with all his things and slid on his shoes. Before he left he took one last look around and he started crying again, this time out of anger, he slammed the door shut and started to walk away.

***

And that is exactly what he told the Denbrough family. Sharon came and gave Stan a comforting hug.

"You're accepted here and welcome for and long as you need"

Stan thanked them all for being so kind and he told them he just wanted to go to sleep.

Mrs. Denbrough set up an air matresses on Bill's bedroom floor and put some blankets and pillows on it neatly.

Stan climbed into the bed and fell asleep quickly, it was the first time in months that he had slept well.

-------------------------------------------------------------

637 words.

Yeah, tell me what you think...