006

Georgie Denbrough went to the park on Friday evening. It was only across the street, and Mrs. Denbrough could keep an eye on Georgie.

He never came home, two seconds of Mrs. Denbrough not looking, and he was gone.

This affected everyone, the whole house had a thick atmosphere. Stan felt uncomfortable, Bill spent all night crying but wouldn't let Stan comfort him.

Mr. and Mrs. Denbrough argued all the time.

***

Monday came around, Bill and Stan both woke up, got reddie, ate and then left the house very quickly. The walk to school had a terrible awkward silence, and the cold air surrounded them.

Once they got there they went separate ways, Stan met up with Eddie and Ben, Bill met up with Richie and Beverly.

"Stan!" Eddie called out, "we invited Richie, Bill, and Beverly to sit with us at lunch, you mind?" Stan shook his head and slightly chuckled at Eddie who was jumping around excitedly.

The classes seemed to be long and boring for Stan, it felt as though lunch would never come. Stan did enjoy school, but today in particular was not a good one.

Bill on the other hand was having  fantastic day! Richie was still being annoying like usual, but he was making Bill laugh a lot.

Once lunch came along, Stan, Eddie, and Ben were sitting at a lunch table with their terrible cafeteria food on their trays. Eddie saw Richie across the room and waved him over. Stan assumed that Beverly was there too, (the thing is, Stan didn't hear Eddie say bill this morning.)

Richie, Beverly, and Bill all sat down at the table, Stan and Bill making eye contact for a quick second.

Everyone except for Stan and Bill went into their own conversations, Stan looked across the table to Bill who wasn't touching his food.

"Hey Bill," Stan got his attention, "how come your not eating?" Bill shrugged and Stan kept looking at him. Eventually Bill got uncomfortable and self consious and wanted Stan to stop. So he slowly started to eat his lunch.

Bill looked up at Stan and saw that Stan was smirking and trying not to laugh. Bill laughed a little bit and they both continued eating their lunch.

***

The walk home from school was quiet, it was raining and their sneakers were rubbing against the concrete.

They walked into the cold, empty house. Mr. Denbrough was at work, Mrs. Denbrough was at the police station, giving them everything about the last time Georgie was seen.

Stan and Bill both pulled out homework from their backpacks then sat at the kitchen table and started working on it.

The house was weirdly quiet, it was as though the could hear the house breathing, there was nearly a ringing noise because of the silence.

Neither of them talked or tried to change it, neither had anything to say to the other.

So, they sat in the suffocating house. Silently doing their homework.

-------------------------------------------------------------
595 words
Published on: May 21st 2018

The only reason I updated today was because of Eggy516 and because 200 reads!!! You guys are amazing!

Sorry it took so long to update!!! I hope you enjoy. I didn't plan any of this chapter so it probably makes no sense and sucks. I've been super busy with homework the past few days :(