Chapter 33

Newt stood, shuffling his feet, at the front of the church. The wedding ceremony was about to begin. He hadn't seen Tina all day, Queenie wouldn't let him, and it was making him more nervous than he would have been otherwise. Jacob appeared behind him, resting his hand on his shoulder.

"Hey. You'll be fine," he assured.

Newt gave a nervous laugh. "I know, I just can't help being scared. Weren't you scared when you got married?"

Jacob shook his head. "I can't be scared when it comes to Queenie."

Newt groaned slightly. "Of course. I'm just scared of everything. I wish Queenie had just let me see Tina once. I'd feel a lot better if I had."

"Newt, you know the bride and groom shouldn't see each other until the wedding."

"I really don't care," Newt insisted.

Jacob laughed. "Well, it's a little bit too late for that now." He took a few steps back as the music began and everyone stood up. Tina appeared in the doorway and Newt forgot everything else.

Tina was gorgeous. She wore a long, simple, white dress that dragged behind her. Her hair was in soft waves, just like it had been all those years ago when they had gone to the speakeasy. Her makeup was simple but it highlighted all her best features. 

Newt let out a breath that he didn't know he had been holding. When she reached him, he took her hand. She gave his a gentle squeeze. He hardly heard anything that was said as the ceremony began. His mind was completely distracted by the woman who stood beside him. He hardly knew what he was saying as he repeated his vows. When Tina spoke, he could see her lips moving but he hardly heard what she was saying. He forced himself to listen to what was being said.

"Do you, Newton Scamander, take Porpentina Goldstein to be your wife?"

Newt felt a shiver go down his spine. As he said, "I do," he knew he had never been happier in his whole life.

"And do you, Porpentina, take Newton to be your husband?"

Tina's clear, confident voice came from beside him. "I do."

They took the rings and slipped them each other's finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Newt looked at Tina -- his wife. He leaned forward and kissed her gently. They had kissed many times before but this kiss felt different, more special. Newt knew he would remember that kiss for the rest of his life, he would never forget it.

When they pulled apart, they walked down the aisle, hand in hand, ready to start a new chapter of their life . . . together.

Note: I'm really sorry that this chapter is so short but I know nothing about weddings.

Editing note: I just realized how short this chapter was. Haha!