Chapter 8-Kidnapped

Roe looked at Shane and Adrian and asked them, "How are you two doing?"

"I think I would've preferred being with PBI than with these guys." Adrian replied dryly, while Shane just sat there staring at the floor.

"You and me both." Roe commented. "So, what happened after they took y'all out of the motel room?"

Adrian paused as the truck started up and began moving, then he said "After the PBI men escorted us out, they started walking us over toward the vans that were out there. These other guys pulled up as we were about to be put in the van, and the PBI men paused to look who was coming into the lot. The first one out was that guy that put you into the truck."

"He told Special Agent Maitland that his name was Savage."

Shane's head popped up at that. "Savage?"

"That's what he said, and that he was working for a Major Marsden."

When Shane was silent, Adrian asked him "Do you know him?"

Shane was silent a little longer, then slowly said "I think I've heard of him."

"Well," Roe demanded, "what have you heard?"

Shane looked at her with a slightly worried expression on his face. "If he's who I think he is we may be in trouble." he said then went silent.

"Shane, spit it out already. I'd like to know what we're getting ourselves into before we actually get there."

Shane looked slightly ashamed, and said "Well, from the rumors I heard while I was away, looking for my mate, Savage is a mercenary who works for the highest bidder. He usually works as a supernatural creature hunter. If he's working for a Major, then the Major isn't who he says he is, or he's operating outside of the military."

Roe and Adrian looked at each other.  "Or, he is with the military, and they want plausible deniability, so they're using mercenaries instead of soldiers."  Adrian suggested.

Shane sat there silent, looking stunned.

"That would be really bad."  Roe said.

"Yes, it would be."

"That's not possible."  Shane finally found his voice.  "Is it?"

Adrian and Roe looked at each other, then at Shane.  "I'm not sure."  Roe said.  "It sounds logical, at least from a military standpoint. Use expendable people to do something they don't want the public to know about."

Adrian nodded. "Sadly enough, it does sound like something the military would do."

"Oh, well. There's no point in worrying about it right now.  There's nothing we can do from in here, anyway."  Roe said.

Adrian snapped his head around toward Roe. "Do you still have your phone?"

"No, Special Agent Maitland took it."

"So, as of right now, we've been taken by some unknown military or mercenary group, are being taken to who knows where, and no one knows who has us or where they're taking us.  Does that about cover it?"  Shane asked angrily.

"Do you think they can hear us?"  Roe asked.  "Have either of you heard them say anything since we've been in here?"

Adrian and Shane looked at each other, confused.  Shane shook his head, and Adrian said "I haven't heard anything from up front.  Why?"

"I'm wondering how much to say."  Roe replied cryptically.

"I doubt they can hear us.  From what I saw of this truck, there's a gap between the cab and cargo area. So, unless they have it rigged for sound, you're free to talk.  Now talk."  Shane snapped.