Chapter 31-Roe and Adrian

When Roe regained consciousness, she was laying in the back of Joe's SUV, with her head in Adrian's lap. "What happened?" She asked him.

"You fainted shortly after we left with the injured men." He replied.

Roe sighed. "I think I used too much energy in a short amount of time."

"Probably so." Adrian said. "Plus, you're not used to your new powers yet either."

"How is everyone?"

"They're fine. Joe and Shane are in there with Agent Maitland, releasing the rest of Marsden's prisoners."

"Shouldn't you be in there too?" Roe asked, sitting up.

"Shane is keeping me updated, but someone needed to stay with you and I'm the more level headed of the two of us." Adrian said with a smile.

"That you are." Roe agreed. "So, what have I missed?"

"Well, Agent Maitland arrested Major Marsden, with the approval of the military. He and Colonel Allen will be held by PBI, since they know about us they're considered to be under PBI's jurisdiction." He paused in case Roe had any questions. She nodded for him to go on, so he did. "It turns out that Major Marsden was actually in the military at one point, and saw something he wasn't supposed to see. One of the men under him was a werewolf who accidentally changed where Marsden could see him. That sent Marsden over the edge, and his behavior caused him to be recalled from overseas. General Jackson was at a debriefing of Marsden to see if he'd be transferable to PBI but decided that the man was too unstable. Marsden's behavior got him court-martialed and subsequently dismissed from the military."

"How do you know all of this?" Roe asked him.

"After arresting Marsden, Agent Maitland had a long conversation with General Jackson, who told him about it. Maitland told me, Joe and Shane about it in confidence, so we wouldn't raise any questions with the military about Marsden."

"So they want to keep their crazy major a secret." Roe said disgustedly shaking her head.

"Well yes and no. They all want to keep him a secret because of the information he knows about the supernatural community more so than the fact that he went crazy."

"I guess that makes sense. If we asked too many questions about him, other people would get interested in him, and that might lead to another place like this being started." Adrian nodded and she continued. "If we let him go rot quietly in PBI's detention center, hopefully everyone will forget about him and no one will follow in his footsteps."

"That's what they're hoping." Adrian told her.

"I'll go with that for now. As long as nothing like this happens again." Roe said. "If it happens again, we'll have to investigate Major Marsden's involvement again."

Adrian nodded. "If only to make sure he didn't have anything to do with it."

"Yes." Roe said, then changed the subject. "What about Boudreau and Parker? What's going to happen to them?"

"Parker is actually a doctor and he's extremely interested in supernatural creatures, but no one would even talk to him about it except Marsden. That's how he wound up here. So, Agent Maitland is going to try to hire him to work for him as a medic or doctor."

"That sounds like a good idea. He didn't seem crazy or like he wanted to hurt anyone." Roe said.

"Boudreau on the other hand, was a Corporal in the military. He defied his commanding officer enough times that he was discharged. None of the things he had done warranted a court-martial, but they didn't want to keep someone that wouldn't obey orders." Adrian stopped and shook his head. "From what I overheard when he was talking to Agent Maitland, he disobeyed orders when he was trying to save the life of another soldier. I think Agent Maitland's going to try to recruit him too."