Chapter 15-Recovery

Roe walked into Adrian's room. "Is there anything else you can think of that would help him?"

Adrian looked at her. "Are you procrastinating about feeding him?"

"Yes, I am." She shrugged. "But I really do want to know if you know of anything that you didn't want to say in front of them that might bring him back to himself faster."

"Do you know any healing spells?"

"Yes."

"You might try one on him. Especially if you know one that's specifically for poisoning, it would probably help more."

"Okay, I'll try that." Roe turned to go into Shane's room.

"Be careful." Adrian called after her.

She glanced back over her shoulder at him and smiled. "I'll try." She walked through the bathroom that connected the two men's rooms and into Shane's room near the refrigerator. She opened it and found two stacks of wrapped up steaks. Now which stack of meat is drugged and which one isn't? "Hey, Adrian?" She called out.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you could smell the meat that's in here and tell which one is drugged and which one's not? Like you did with the blood?"

"Probably. My sense of smell is really acute."

"Okay." Roe replied, taking a steak from each stack, and returning to Adrian's room. She carried the steaks over to Adrian, and held them out for him to take and smell.

After he had smelled the second one, he said the first one was drugged, the second wasn't. "Okay, the one in my right hand is not drugged, and the left one is drugged, correct?"

"Yes."

"They put them in both fridges the same way. Right side is not drugged and left side is."

"Well, at least they match, it should make it easier to remember."

"Yeah, that is a good thing, but just to be sure, I think I'll keep having you smell them first."

"That might be a wise decision. I don't trust them not to mix them up."

"I don't either." Roe agreed wryly then sighed. "I guess I'd better quit fooling around and go feed him."

"It should help."

"Okay."  She said then walked back through the adjoining bathroom into Shane's room.

Shane was still snarling and spitting when she walked back into the room. 

She walked close enough to him to get his attention, and be able to hand him the steak.  "If you'll stop snarling at me for just a minute, I'll give you this steak."  She told him, waving it in front of his face.

Shane seemed to calm down a little bit and Roe handed him the steak.  "I know you can't eat it yet.  I'll go loosen the chains enough for you to be able to.  Do you understand what I'm saying?" Well, that was a stupid question, Roe.  He probably has no clue what's really going on.

Shane slowly nodded, looking directly at Roe.

"Okay, give me just a second." She quickly walked over to the spool of chain and slowly released it until Shane could reach his mouth with the steak. 

As soon as he could reach it, he began to stuff the steak into his mouth.

When he finished it, Roe asked "Do you want another one?"

Shane quickly nodded his head yes.

"Give me just a minute, I have to check and see which one is not drugged, okay?"