Chapter 11-First Aid

Roe was startled to see Savage, Parker, and Mr. Accent standing in the doorway. Savage was the first to speak with a scowl on his face. "Boudreau here says that you were creating quite a commotion down here. What do you want now?"

"I need medical supplies. They're not conscious yet, and I'm afraid it's because there are still bullets inside them, or whatever it was you shot them with." Calm down Roe, being ugly to him isn't the way to get what you need. Be nice, be calm, act human.

"What kind of medical supplies?" Savage snapped at her.

Roe looked at the floor, trying to act submissive. "I need something to cut their shirts off with so I can see the wounds. I also need to be able to get the bullets out, if they're still in them. It would be nice to know exactly what you shot them with, so I know what I'm looking for."

"Why the hell should we trust you with a sharp object?"

"You don't have to. If you want, you can come do it."

"I'm not doing anything to help those monsters. If you want it done, do it yourself."

"That's what I'm trying to do. That's why I asked for those supplies." Roe said getting exasperated.

"I really don't care what happens to them. You're not getting anything from us."

"Fine." Roe tried a different tactic. "All I know is that Mr. Marsden wanted me to keep them alive and get them to do what he wants them to do. I've asked for supplies. I've asked for help. I can't do what he wants if they die from the injuries that you gave them. I will not take responsibility for what happens, I've done my part." She shrugged and started to turn away from the door.

Up until this point, Parker had stayed silent. "Sorry Savage, but I'll have to check with Major Marsden. I know he wants them alive, and if she thinks they'll die without treatment, he may want to allow her to do it." He shook his head. "I can't not ask him, even if his answer's the same as yours."

Savage looked at Parker, shock evident on his face. "What?!" He exclaimed angrily.

He looks like he's about to attack Parker. Roe thought as she turned back toward the door. This may turn out better than I had hoped. I can see that these two don't see eye to eye about what's going on here. Savage is, well savage, and Parker seems to want to follow this Marsden guy. We may can use their discord to our advantage in getting out of here.

At that moment Mr. Accent, or Boudreau as Savaged called him, interrupted the staring contest going on between Savage and Parker. "Savage, ya know tha' Parker's right about this one. The Major'd wanna know before his test subjects bit the dust. Especially if'n there's a way ta save 'em."

The longer Boudreau talks, the thicker his accent gets. Or, maybe it's because he's upset? Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye, no an ear on that. Roe laughed at her joke in her head.

"Damn it Boudreau." Savage sighed. "I hate it when you're right."

"I just don' wanna be blamed if'n they die." Boudreau smiled an easy going smile at the two men.

Parker gave a wry half grin at them. "I'll go ask the Major what he wants us to do. Then it's his choice, and none of us get in trouble."

"Tha's what I was a thinkin'." Boudreau nodded at him.

Savage turned to Roe and snarled "You stay right here. Make a list of supplies you want. Hopefully, you won't get them." He smiled an evil smile at her, and slammed the door in her face.

Well, that was nice. He sure has a bad attitude. I really hope Marsden sees that I can't do anything unless the guys get well. I hope there's not a major problem with them. I'd still love to know exactly what they shot them with. I wonder if I can do a healing spell or something on them and find out if there are still bullets in them.