Chapter 10-Caged

Oh, my goddess. Roe thought to herself as she followed Parker down the hallway. That man has lost his ever loving mind. He is totally insane, and could kill all of us at the drop of a hat. Parker saluted him. I wonder if he's telling the truth about trying to make a better soldier. I wonder if this is actually sanctioned by the military. I really hope not. That would be extremely bad.

"Um, Parker? "

"Yes?

"I don't mean to sound rude..." Roe started hesitantly... "But has Mr. Marsden lost his mind?  All that stuff he was saying about werewolves and vampires, that stuff isn't real." She finished in a rush.

"No, he's not crazy."  Parker snarled. "They are real, and you'd better watch out or they'll kill you."

"Um, okay."

They walked on for a few more feet and Roe asked, "Is this a military base?"  She noticed a slightly strange look on Parker's face. "I was asking because he said y'all were trying to make a better soldier."  Actually, it looked like an old abandoned asylum to me, but since I played dumb with Marsden back there, I should probably keep playing dumb with Parker here too.

"I'm not answering any more of your stupid questions." He said as he opened her door, and gave her a slight shove inside. "Get in there and do what Major Marsden wants you to."  He slammed the door shut before Roe could ask another question.

Does he realize that he just called Marsden 'Major'?  Marsden didn't introduce himself that way, but both Savage and Parker called him that.  I wonder if he really is or not. Oh well, I guess I'll worry about that later. Time to check and see if Adrian and Shane are in these other two rooms like Marsden said they were. Roe turned away from the door Parker had just shoved her through. She looked at the three other doors in the room. Okay, I know that the door straight ahead of me is the bathroom. Let's see what's behind the door on my right. She walked over and opened the door at the foot of the bed.

The first thing she saw as she opened the door was an unconscious Shane chained to the opposite wall. She looked around the room while standing in the doorway and saw a bed in the corner to the right of the doorway. To the left of the doorway, she saw a small cabinet, then another door. On the wall at the end of the room to her left was another cabinet and small refrigerator.

Roe entered the room where Shane was, then walked down to the left where the other door was. She opened that door, and entered a larger bathroom. It had a shower stall in the middle of the room, two toilets, one on either side of the shower, and two sinks across from the toilets. There was also another door on the opposite side of the room. She walked through the other bathroom door, and found Adrian chained to the wall in a room that was identical to the one Shane was in, except opposite. Roe saw a refrigerator and cabinet to her right, a cabinet and door to her left, and on the other side of the door was another bed. She walked to her left, passing by Adrian's unconscious form on the way to the door. When she opened the door, she found herself back in the room that Marsden had said was hers.

Well, I guess we're quite locked in here, since there's only one door that actually leads out of here. Oh, crap, I should've checked the guys for injuries instead of just wandering through looking for a way out. I am so absent minded sometimes.

She whirled around and went back into the room Adrian was in. She noticed that he was chained to the wall by silver manacles at the wrists and ankles. She stepped closer to him, really looking at him this time. He was still dressed in the same clothes he'd had on since she met him, though they were more rumpled now than they were at the motel. She looked more closely at his dark dress shirt and noticed that it was covered in blood. She moved over to him, and unbuttoned his shirt. He had four bullet wounds on his front, but she couldn't see his back since he was chained closely to the wall. I'd love to see if those bullets actually went all the way through him, or are still in him. If they're still in him, that's going to be a problem. But I can't get to the back of him while he's chained up like he is, and I can't let him down because he's unconscious....or can I? No, I don't think I can get him back up off of the floor once I get him down, and that's assuming I can get him down without hurting him even more than he already is. Crap, I just can't decide what to do. I guess I'll go check on Shane and see how he's doing, and hope Adrian wakes up soon.