Chapter 21-Savage

As Roe screamed she thought, Shit this hurts a lot more than I was expecting it to.

Both Adrian and Shane pulled back, releasing her shoulders from their bites, at the same time. They each licked the wound they had made, prompting it to heal. Then all three of them fell over toward the head of the bed, exhausted and breathing hard.

After a minute, Adrian wearily asked Roe, "Are you alright?"

She took a deep breath and said "Yes, I think so, are y'all?"

"I seem to be fine, just tired."

"Me too. But I'll amend that to exhausted. I feel like I've just run fifty miles." Shane replied.

WHAM! BANG! They heard the hallway door slam open and a voice yelled. "What the hell is going in here?" They heard footsteps quickly entering Roe's room.

OH, shit! Roe thought. My ward fell when we did that. They heard me screaming.

Adrian and Shane looked at her and both jumped off of the bed. Adrian pulled Roe to him and off the back side of the bed, while Shane stood guard in front of it.

What do we do? Shane asked in her head.

I can hear you! Roe exclaimed. Can you both hear me, now?

Yes, we can. Calm the guards down, please. Adrian replied, pushing Roe behind him protectively, as the guards practically ran into the room.

Roe turned her attention to the guards to see Savage, Boudreau, and Parker in the room with guns pointed at Shane and Adrian. "STOP!" She yelled, stepping out from behind Adrian, and holding up her hands.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?" Savage screamed at her.

"Calm down." Roe said, speaking slowly and softly to him, like she would to a wild animal. "Everything is fine. I was just doing what Mr. Marsden wanted me to." When she said that, Parker and Boudreau slightly lowered their weapons.

"WHAT?" Savage yelled.

She continued talking in the same tone of voice. "I was doing what Mr. Marsden wanted me to."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Savage continued to yell at her.

"I'm not explaining anything to you when you're yelling at me." She said to Savage, then turned to Parker and Boudreau. "I'll answer any questions y'all have, but I'm not going to explain while I'm being yelled at."

"YOU DAMN WELL WILL EXPLAIN WHAT YOU WERE DOING." Savage yelled once again.

"I said I would, but not when you're yelling at me." Roe said with exaggerated patience.

"YOU WILL EXPLAIN." He yelled.

Roe just looked at him. I'm not going to engage him any further. If they want to know, they'll get rid of him, or at least make him stop yelling at me.

"Savage." Parker said. "I think it would be best if you waited outside."

"I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE."

"I hate ta say it, but I agree with Parker here. I thin' ya should lissen ta 'im." Boudreau said.

"Who asked you?" Savage snarled at Boudreau.

Shane looked over his shoulder at Roe and Adrian. I see what you're talking about. I don't think he's a full werewolf. He's showing enough tendencies that I think he's part wolf, but he probably can't shift.

That would explain why he doesn't like me. He can probably feel that I'm not human, but doesn't have a wolf to explain the feeling to him.

That's probably it. Shane said as he turned back to face the guards again.