Chapter 26-Joe's Mole

Joe started pacing around the car, talking to himself.  Roe and the guys sat in the car silently, at least that's how it seemed to Joe.

Oh, shit. Now what?  Shane asked.

He'll calm down in a few minutes.  Roe replied calmly.  I've seen him lose his temper before.

He's talking to his wolf, isn't he?  Adrian asked her.

Yes, he is.  I bet he's also trying to figure out if I'm right, and who it is.

Wouldn't it be easier if he asks you why you think that first?  Shane asked.

It probably would be, but you know how your wolves are.  They want to try to figure stuff out on their own before they'll let the human side ask questions.

Shane thought about it for a second.  You've got a point.  Especially when it's something this big.  Really, he may be trying to calm his wolf down long enough to listen to you.

You're probably right.  Roe agreed.  He's really not happy right now.

How are we going to find this person?   Shane asked.

Adrian is going to read their minds, and see what he can find out.  Roe told him then sighed.  One of the reasons Joe's so upset about this is that only his high ranking wolves would've known where we were, therefore whoever the mole is, is a trusted friend.

And that makes it worse.  Adrian said.   To be betrayed by a friend.

That does suck. I'm surprised he's still human.  Shane said.

He probably won't be after this conversation.  Roe said wryly.

Joe jerked open the car door and slumped down into the seat.  "I'm assuming that you think I have a mole because of how fast PBI found you, correct?"

"Yes.  That and the fact that they didn't seem to know who these guys were," She motioned to Shane and Adrian. "just that they were dangerous and wanted for something."

"That doesn't prove that it was one of my guys."  Joe said defensively.

"I know that, and I'm hoping we're wrong."  Roe told him sadly.  "But we're going to have to investigate it anyway."

"Just how do you think we're going to do that huh? Especially without making my guys think that I don't trust them?"  Joe snapped.

"If you can get everyone that knew where we were going together, we can find out."

"Even Marcy?"  He snarled.

"No.  I trust your Luna, and you."  Roe replied calmly.

"If I get them together, then what?"  Joe asked, still mad.

"Adrian can read their minds."

"He can what?"  Joe exclaimed.

"Adrian can read minds."

"Why do I not know this?  How long were you going to pretend to have an alliance with me, while reading my mind every time I saw you?"

"Joe."  Roe said, reclaiming his attention.  "It's a new development."

"How can that be new?  Nobody just suddenly develops a new power like that."

"Well, he had help."  Roe said sheepishly. 

Joe sat there stunned for a few seconds,  then seemed to deflate as the anger rushed out of him.  "Oh, Roe.  Tell me you didn't."

"I can't tell you that, Joe."