Chapter 28-Betrayed Again

Roe woke up the next morning to a knock on the door.  She had to fight with the two men who had her sandwiched between them on the bed in order to get up to answer it. When she finally wiggled herself out from between them, she opened the door to find Janie, the girl from yesterday who had shown them to their room standing there. 

"Alpha Joe told me to come tell you that breakfast is ready, and to bring you some clean clothes."  Janie said, holding a stack of clothes out to Roe.

"Thank you."  Roe said, taking the clothes.  "Please tell Alpha Joe that we'll be down shortly."

"Yes ma'am."  Janie said, then left.

Roe shut the door and took the clothes into the bathroom to change.  When she was done, she left the guys' clothes on the counter in the bathroom, and walked back out to try and wake them up.

They were both moaning and groaning about having to get up until Roe said.  "I'm hungry and I'm going downstairs to eat with or without you."  At that, they both jumped up and started getting ready. They really don't want me out of their sight. Roe smiled to herself. I wonder what we're going to do when this is all over, and we go back home? I have to talk to them about that at some point.

When they were all ready, they went downstairs to the dining room. There were a few people left, but most of the pack had already eaten and gone about their business. Roe and the guys served themselves from the buffet table, which even had bottles of blood sitting on it, then walked over to where Joe and his mate Marcy were sitting. They sat down across the table from them. Roe asked Joe "So, where's Agent Maitland this morning?"

"He's still asleep." Joe answered. "He stayed up late last night, trying to get everything set up to coordinate the raid on that place you were held captive." When Roe nodded, her mouth full of food, he continued. "He's bringing in some of his people, and some of the military guys that know about PBI are going to meet him here."

"Here?" Shane asked. "Wouldn't that be a danger to your pack?"

"The guys that're coming from the military already know about us. They either had a hand in the forming of PBI, or they're the ones Maitland reports to." He shrugged. "If they come here, they get a better look at how we really are, and not just the ones that Maitland goes after."

"Not a bad idea." Adrian said. "And here, they see all sorts of supernaturals getting along."

"Yes." Joe agreed. "That's another reason I agreed for a few of them to come here. I agree with Roe that we all need to get along, and not just us, the humans that know about us too."

They all thought about that for a few minutes, while they finished eating. Special Agent Maitland finally showed up to breakfast, fixed himself a plate, then sat down with the others.

"Alpha Joe, some of my people will be showing up soon. Will we be able to use your conference room?" He asked.

"Yes, it's been cleaned." Joe replied.

"Okay. While we deal with your pack issue in your office, if you don't mind, my guys will set up in the conference room."

Joe nodded, then Roe asked "What did you do about Jack?"

"I called my supervisor and asked that he be held in solitary until we get this taken care of, and I can get back there to present all of the evidence against him."

Roe nodded. "Good idea. I'd hate to not catch these guys because he tipped them off."

"Me too." Special Agent Maitland said. "That's why I told my supervisor about him first, got him taken care of, and then told him the rest of what's going on and what we're trying to do. He understood."