Chapter 7 - Forget Me Not

Sanchana's POV:

I heard door opening sound. I wiped my tears and prepared myself to look at him.

"Hi." he looked uncomfortable.

When all of sudden, a wife is introduced to him, it will be confusing.

I wiped my tears and got up.

"Hey" I whispered. I patted beside my bed but he sat on the couch.

I sighed. Sanchu, he doesn't remember you.

"I... I don't know what to say. Everything is..." he seemed nervous.

"I can understand you, Kishore. I know it must be difficult for you." I interjected.

He nodded. "How long have we been married?"

"Two months. After one month you left home and now only you are returning."

"Arrange or love marriage?"

I sighed. "It's complicated. From my side it was arranged, from your side it was love" or obsession if you consider that as type of marriage.

I wanted to add the last part, but now it is of no use.

"Love? Wait, how long do I know you?"

"6 years" I mumbled.

"I don't remember anything." he whispered.

"I know. Moreover only you were in love. You proposed me, but I didn't accept. But situation made us to get married."

"What shall we do then?" he asked.

"Let's get to know each other." I suggested.

"You said you rejected my proposal right? Then why to stay in the marriage without love?"

I felt as if cold water has been splashed on me.

"Kish... Kishore. I know you are confused. But we can't just leave the whole concept that we are married. We..." he cut off me.

"Do you love me?" he asked the question which startled me.

Do I love him? No. It is my guilt that is making me to stick to him. And the fact that he is my husband. Maybe one day I might fall in love with him.

I shook my head.

"Then what is the use?" he raised an eyebrow.

I seriously hate this side of him. I really wanted to pull his hair but I controlled myself. I know I deserve all of this.

"Kishore as I said, it is complicated. But now I am in phrase of accepting you and this whole marriage thing." I sighed.

"All of sudden? May I know the reason?" he taunted.

"See first I got engaged to a person Ajay. You didn't like it. So you kidnapped me and raped me."

"WHAT? I RAPED YOU? I won't stoop so low!" he started to shout.

"Kishore please calm down and listen to the full story." then he sat on the couch.

"I told to Ajay, he said it didn't matter so we proceeded for wedding. On the day before wedding I came to know that Ajay and his father planned the wedding to ruin my life. So when the truth came out, we stopped the wedding. As their planned failed, Ajay revealed that I am not pure, hiding the fact that I was raped. So all my relatives started to look down on us, that's when you came and said, that the accusations were false and hence to prove that you got married to me."

"Why didn't you stop the marriage?"

"For my father. For his happiness I agreed to marry any stranger. At the time of marriage I didn't knew it was you. After marriage, we had rough relationship." I felt guilty for accusing him wrongly.