Chapter 15 - The Bitter Truth

Important Author's Note:

1. Before you read this chapter, let me tell you this. I would have discussed some medical treatment, plus it would be of loss of sight which in future I will change into something else. I would have mentioned the treatment part generally . I am biologist but not medical student, so please forgive me. I will make it more specific in future.

2. *Waves white flag* please no violence. *Looks at you with puppy dog eyes* This is how I planned when I created this book. My initailly plan was different when I started No, I Don't Love You, but I changed. I wanted to try new genre, and unique plot. That's why it is like this. Please forgive me. I know I am going to lose many of my readers, but I am taking the risk, thinking you might like this type also. Rest we will discuss at the end of story. Enjoy reading.

Sanchana's POV:

Soon we landed at Chennai, uncle has sent a car to pick us from airport.

"Let me take it from here." Kishore asked the driver to take back seat and he drove hurriedly to hospital.

"Sanchu, call dad and ask him the status." Kishore said while driving.

Uncle handled the phone to the neuro surgeon present in our hospital, I translated to Kishore in normal words.

Seems, like Aunty had a brain injury from the accident, so they performed immediate surgery which led them for her to lose her eye sight.

But I hid these information from Kishore. Let me tell him after reaching hospital, as he is driving.

Soon we reached hospital and reached to the floor where Aunty has been admitted.

Still she was in I.C.U, and the neuro surgeon whom we talked to came out of the room after examining her.

"How is she?" Uncle and Kishore asked at the same time.

Doctor said that she is fine, but her eye sight is lost.

Uncle started to cry but Kishore started to yell at the doctor.

I patted his shoulder to calm him down. But it didn't. Soon he barged in against doctors words. I followed him in.

"Kishore you are disturbing the aunty." I said in stern tone. Poor doctor, he couldn't say anything to Kishore as it is his hospital. 

"The surgery could have been done better." he commented loud enough for us to hear.

"Sir, we did our best. Her optic nerves were damaged in the accident. We couldn't do anything." he explained.

"An experienced doctor could have done it better." saying that he explained an alternative solution.

I looked stunned on seeing Kishore explaining a doctor, sorry advising a doctor.

Even though his mother is a nurse, how did he have this much of knowledge in medical field?

"Surgery needs to be done immediately, we can fix this." he muttered.

"Pardon? Sir, what you suggested was good idea, but it is risky. Only an expertise can do this. Wait I will call our London branch neuro surgeon..." doctor was cut off by Kishore.

"We don't have enough time for that. Seeing reports, the nerve is not completely damaged. It can be rectified, if operation is done soon."

"But, sir, as far as I know..." Kishore raised his hand to stop him.

He looked at me. Wait, why is he looking at me suddenly? Is he going to ask me to perform the surgery?

Come on Sanchu, he knows you are gynecologist. Then why is he staring at me?