Chapter 16 - The Replaced Groom

Krish POV:

"He died in an accident, one and half years ago. And I came here to replace him."  as soon as I said that, both dad and Sanchu gasped.

Dad lost the balance and sat on the chair and started to sob silently.

Sanchu covered her mouth in shock. 

"How?"

"Why?"

I took deep breathe and started to narrate the full story.

"One day, Kishore came to me." I hid the part of why he came to me.

"He stayed for few days, on return he met with an accident. Even though he was admitted immediatly, he was in a situation where we couldn't treat him. He was in his last phrase of his life."

I went to the room, where he was lying. I tried to call dad, but his phone was in not reachable. So I thought of calling Mom or Sanchana.

"Who... whom are you calling?" he asked.

"Mom or Dad. Someone." I said.

"No! Don't tell them."

"What? They have to know!" I tried to tell him.

"You... you..." initially I thought he was saying about his parents seeing me, which would bring out the truth.

"Don't worry, I will hide when they come here. Our secret will remain secret always." I assured him.

"No. You go there... and..." he said, making me frozen on my place.

"Kishore? are you out of your mind? How can I go there? Do you think at this time they will be happy to welcome another son?" I nearly shouted.

"NO! Not as another son. Go and be in my place." he said which confused me.

"What?"

He stretched out his hand. I caught his hand. "Krish. I don't want to risk Sakthi Maa, but at the same time I don't want my parents to left out without anyone by their side. So I want you to go there and pretend as Kishore."

"Kishore? How can I? It's impo..." he cut off me. He shook his head. 

"You have to. Do anything you want. I want you to be there. Either that or you go as Krish." He knew that I wouldn't expose myself, still he was taunting me. He seemed to give me choices, but in real, he wasn't.

I rubbed my face in frustration.

"Please Krish. You know I haven't asked you anything expect you return. Please on my death bed atleast you do what I ask for. My parents need you." he begged.

I controlled the tears that were threatening to come out.

It is easy to say, but not that easy in reality. Suddenly a person came to mind and he voiced out my thoughts.

"For Sanchu, Marry her." suddenly rage rised in me.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BLABBERING KISHORE?" I shouted at him.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" I kept on shouting. I didn't care whether the room is I.C.U or not.

"I know." he paused to take deep breath to continue.

"If you go as Krish exposing my death, then she will be thrown out. I didn't know my parents were troubling her for the dosha." Kishore said about the chevai dosha she has. Come on who is believing all those stuffs now? But seems like astrology did come true in her case.