Chapter 8 - Marry Me Husband

Sanchana's POV:

Few days passed, still there was no improvement. In these days, we never spoke to each other. Whenever I tried to converse, he says he has some work. I know he is avoiding me. But with his parents, I can see, he has bonded so well with them. Even though he lost 8 years of memory, he doesn't seemed to bothered about it, when he is with his parents. But with me! I know I can't expect him to accept me. Part of my heart is not accepting his indifference towards me.

"Kishore..." I called him. He was lying on bed staring at the ceiling.

He hummed in response. "Where are we now?" I voiced my doubts.

He turned towards me and stared for few seconds before answering me, "I seriously don't know. But..."

Why do I have a feeling that, this conversation is going to hurt me a lot?

"But?"

"I have a solution. I don't think you will like it."

He didn't wait for my response. He continued saying, "Why don't we part our ways? Like divorce?"

"Kish... Kishore... Don't say like that. We got married. I know it is difficult for you, but you... I can't. We have work... it out..." by the time I completed my sentence, tears were flowing from eyes.

Why did he have to lose his memory? Oh god!

"Sanchana, please understand. I can't love you all of a sudden."

"Well, think it as an arrange marriage." I suggested.

He got up from lying position and rubbed his face.

"Sanchana, I don't think I can love you. I have missed 8 years of my life, I forgot everything, my life, my education, everything. I am in a mess right now. I don't want to pull you down with me. Please understand."

"Kishore, that's what a wife should do, she should be beside her husband in his ups and downs. I wasn't a good wife to you back then but now I have changed. I know I am late, but I understood my faults. I want us to try Kishore. I want us to give a chance to this marriage."

"But..." I cut him off. I know it wasn't enough to convince him.

"Kishore, I know I am being selfish here, but I am pretty sure, you would have done the same, even if I had lost my memory. Just give us a chance." I plead him.

He rubbed his face in frustration. He seemed like he was fighting with himself.

"You can't be happy with me. I am not myself. Please Sanchana, this won't work for us. You said, you didn't like me. Keep it that way. Think as if I raped you, then you would hate me right? " he said.

"Kishore, don't say like that." I sobbed.

He didn't even console me, like he used to do.

"Sanchana, the sooner you realise that I am not good enough for, the better it is. If you chose to live with me, then you will the one suffering till the end."

"I am ready to face it, Kishore."

"But I am not." he whispered yelled.

"I don't want any of this. Neither you nor me is responsible for this. Please understand and decide for betterment of our lives. I don't want to spoil your life."

"What if you get you memory back?"

"I won't" he mumbled, thinking that I wouldn't hear, but unfortunately I did.

"Pardon?"

"If the day comes, then I will come for you."

"What if I got married to some one else?"