Chapter 10 - I Can't Do It

Sanchana's POV:

I heard some rumbling sound which made me to wake up. I got up to see the terrorist who crossed the border missing.

I looked around and saw him speaking to someone while getting ready.

"Yeah, I will be there in two hours there." he said to someone over phone

"Where are you going?" seems like my voice startled him.

"Hey, good morning. Got to go for work." he said while cutting his phone call.

"Work. I thought Uncle gave you leave." I looked at him confused. From what I eavesdropped was, Uncle and Aunty were planning to send us for honeymoon.

"Umm. yeah yeah. This... it is for someone else. I... will be back soon. Maybe tomorrow morning. Remember the work that I had to do yesterday. I postponed it today. My flight is in half an hour. Will come tomorrow. Okay?"

I nodded disappointingly. 

"Come back safe. And don't your memory this time also." I couldn't help but say my fears

He nodded and left.

I got ready and got down. 

"Where did this boy run?" Aunty asked me.

"Some friend problem I think. I am not sure." I replied her.

"I thought he had amnesia" she wondered.

I froze. Yeah, how can he have friends?

"Maybe old friends?" Aunty herself answered the question.

I never saw any close friends in past 6 years. He either used to run behind me or go for work. In college times he had, but later, I never noticed him going out with his friends.

"Yeah, maybe." I answered her leaving the doubt aside.

Next day, still Kishore didn't return. I went to hospital, had some delivery cases. Some were normal some were cesarean. Being a doctor is wonderful. Yeah I know not all times, even a slight distraction could cost two lives.

I came home to see both of them looking sad.

"What happened?" I asked them.

"Kishore seems to be pretty upset. He skipped lunch too. He is not speaking to anyone of us." Aunty asked me to convince Kishore.

Actually I am glad that he is back safe.

I went to the bedroom door found him missing. I went to balcony and saw him gazing at the sky.

I touched his arm. He ignored me.

"Hey. What happened?"

He shook his head. He seemed as if he is controlling his emotions.

I rubbed his back. "Why don't you sit?"

"It's fine." his voice was hoarse.

I couldn't see him like this. It was like he is battling with himself. Seems like many things are bothering him. As much as I want to leave him as he needs space, I couldn't. Not when he is miserable.

I slightly pulled him to the bed and he didn't fight me. I made him to sit on the bed.

"Want to talk about it?" unknowingly I cupped his right cheek and and held his right hand with mine. 

He seemed to be lost in his own. world.

Maybe he doesn't trust me, yet. 

"It's okay. Don't worry. Everything will be alright soon." I caressed his cheek.