(chapter 14)

(Chapter 14)

hey guys , sorry for the late update been busy with campus and stuff. This chapter is going to be used to give a little insight and background regarding the characters and hopefully tie up any loose ends.

****

(Damian)

I stood leaning against the window. My arms folded across my chest. My eyes were piercing the body that lay restlessly asleep in the room across mine. I watched as Ella tossed and turned. I watched as droplets of sweat coated her body. My face hardened at the thought of Jason hurting her, but there was nothing I could do until Silla and Ava were back. As I stood leaning against the window, I found myself wondering back to the past, back to the day it all began. . .

(Flashback chapter)

I always knew I needed to protect some one; my father had constantly reminded me about the prophecy that claimed my birth right. It had to do with protecting a girl from some sort of danger. I was very mature for my young age, that from the time I turned 16, I constantly expected them to force me into being a bratty younger teenager’s bodyguard. But that wasn't the case. My father , Ricardo Lucian Leveirra, had told me, that when the time was right, my duty would come to me, I needn't seek it out and after that I had calmed down and lived my life as though nothing would ever happen.

But, I had never expected my duties to come into play so soon.

It was my 19th birthday and I was walking home like usual. Doing my rounds, making sure nothing was out of place. Being a part of the great vampire kingdom, I took it as one of my duties as a prince to check on my people, even if they didn't know it. In this small town of Riversville, we vampires ruled. My father was the king of the underworld, and he decided it would be better if we were more accustomed to humans and their way of life, and the only way we could do this was by living with them. My father was very wise and I always felt that us moving to Riversville had more to do with the prophecy than us getting accustomed to the human way of life as our way of life was just the same, except we drank blood and they didn't. 

But My father the great and kind king that he was, signed a treaty with the major and co founders of the town of Riversville back in 1927, giving the humans protection and taking care of them, while we got a small portion of the hospitals donor blood and could live amongst the humans without our secret being discovered by the rest of the town. The town was safe and secure, and I usually did night patrolling with Silla and Ava, my two best friends. They were vampires as well, and were the children of two of the richest and well known vampire families in the world. They were also our very close family friends and thus we have been together ever since we were little.

Even though we knew the town was safe, we had to make sure and thus every night we patrolled the areas to make sure no rebellions were loitering around, trying to cause trouble. Rebellions were the typical devious dark monster vampires that you would read about in stories. Initially, the underworld had no rebellions, but it all began the day the prophecy was revealed, a group of vampires decided to believe in the darkness of the prophecy and refused to follow my father's law, and so they broke out forming the "rebellions". They believed that evil would eventually gain its power to rule the world in order for them to live in freedom, terrorizing the humans and raging an onslaught of inhumane actions against all men women, the old and innocent children. The rebellions grew to such an extent, each new vampire was crueler than the previous, and they caused so much of destruction, and broke the treaty with the human founders of our previous land. This forced the humans to become hunters and eventually went on a vampire killing spree in order to save themselves. They learnt to outsmart us and trap us, regardless of innocence or guilt, they killed us, and refused to listen to my father's pleas to spare any good vampires as we would in return protect them. It was inevitable that we were forced to leave our cherished homes and flee for our lives. And that's how we came to live in this town, where it was safe and we weren't constantly being subjected to people trying to stake us because they thought we'd go crazy and try to eat them, although I wouldn't blame them after what happened.