Fireworks (xR!Soldier)

It's a week until Independence Day and you and Solly couldn't be more prideful about your free nation celebrating it's upbringings.

You were currently at a fireworks shop, Solly in a different isle than you, looking for sparklers, poppers, fountains, snakes and every patriotic thing he could stuff into the overflowing bags he brought with you.

You on the other hand, were in charge of getting the big, bright, colorful fireworks. So far, you had three.

You were grabbing the special ones for your obnoxious, but heartwarming all American mercenary.

"Hey, Solly? I'm going to try to have Demo make special ones, if that's alright with you." You popped your head out of the isle opening, Solly doing the same.

"Affirmative!" He smiles goofily and goes back into the isle he was in, getting some last few things and going to the shop's counter.

Most of the shelves are left bare.. Oops.

There's another possibly.. 1.. no, 2 hundred bucks off our paychecks combined. Not like it mattered, we didn't use it for much.

Grabbing a box of the poppers, you take one out and inspect it, then nod and place it carefully back in the comfort of the cardboard.

"You barely have any! Is that why you want Demo to make a few?" Solly looked at the almost empty bag you had and you shyly nod, that being a reason, but not the main one.

"Pay the nice cashier, won't you-"

"HUTTAH! NECK SNAP!"

"Solly!!" You whine, facepalming. Of course, why would he pay? At least we weren't being chased by-

"You have the right to remain silent!"

"Solly!!!" He chuckles and takes everything he picked up, dumping some into your bag and grabs your hand, or more your wrist, and high tails it out of the town.

"Isn't easy being me, Cupcake!"

"It's not easy being with you either!" You giggle, knowing for a fact that he didn't pick up on the key words you used.

He's always either too, bluntly saying, thick skulled to notice or is paying no attention.

Sniper's van was just a couple feet away, so Solly dragged you there, careful to not drop any of his precious 4th of July cargo.

"You're lucky it's almost a holiday!" You yell over the sound of sirens wailing in the background, a smile on your face and you run faster than Soldier, dragging him for a second or two until he notices and runs at the same pace.

"Sniper's van is just up ahead! I'll swing the door open and you hop in!"

"10-4!" Soldier slows his pace to let you get ahead, then you fling open Sniper's van door and hop in, Soldier right behind you.

"Woo! Sniper, go!" We cheer as he whizzes past cars and dodges policeman.

Soon the chase ceases and we get to Red Base, our patriotic goodies in tact in their bags as we go inside.

"Soldier, I'm going to talk to Demo for the fireworks, alright?"

"Have your fun, private." With a salute, you walk away and ask Tavish to start making fireworks.

××

It's finally dark out, so you, Soldier, Demo, Engie and Scout rally up the rest of the team, sitting them all on the grass near an empty parking lot.

"Ready?" You yell over from on top of a nearby hill.

"Hell yeah!" Most of the mercs fist pump and wait for the fireworks to start.

Lighting a few at a time, you step back, Solly lighting the next few and so on.

That is, until Solly pushed a button and lots of fireworks shot out of the ground and into the sky.

The one thing you see is the first letter of your name.

Then, the fireworks go in a row, lighting up the sky with the full sentence.

Y/n, will you be my cupcake?

You look at Solly, an instinctive smile on your face and nod, knowing for a face that he's the one who made the message in the sky.

He smiles and outstretches his arms to you, letting out an oof as you hit his chest a little too hard and squeeze him.

He chuckles and his helmet falls off his head, giving you access to pepper kisses all over his blushing face.

"W-Wow, cupcake, I was a little scared you'd say no."

"Why would I say no to you?" You giggle, Solly's heart melting as he watches the emotions on your face brighten.

"I'd just be afraid you didn't like me." You ramble, then both of you go silent, then burst out laughing again.

"Oi, Soldier! Whot 'id the sheila say?!" Sniper yells up to the hill, a camera in his hands that's zoomed up on the two of you.

Solly simply thumbs up and the rest of the team hollers in joy, Engie and Demo having happy tears for the way their friend mustered up the courage for the question.

With a smirk, you realize Sniper's recording, then take Solly by the collar, smashing your lips against his and smile in between the kiss you initiated, soft chuckles coming from him.

The team yet again hollers approvals and praises as you part from the kiss, then raise your arms up and roll down the hill, taking Soldier's helmet as you pass it.

Soldier laughs and rolls down the hill after you. When you both get to the bottom, he takes his helmet back and smiles goofily.

This patriotic idiot was yours and you were his adorable cupcake.

You couldn't find any problems with it either.

Hope you guys enjoyed it!