Apprentice (xB!Demo)

You're the apprentice to the great wizard Merasmus, learning the spells and potion magic that he knows.

Whenever he fought against the men of RED/BLU team, he'd be defeated and would return to his temple while you tended to his wounds.

Today was no different. Your teacher had just left to fight his own battle, the only factor that changed being that he let you tag along.

"You wizard ghost maggot! You were the worst roommate!" You hear a loud American yell at the sorcerer, your eyes squinting and your face flushing red out of anger.

"You hide your eyes behind the helmet fearing you'll be stripped of your masculinity!" You spit at Soldier, his hand moving his helmet up to let his eyes actually see you. He was surprised.

"He's got tha' book tha' stole me eye!" A dark scottish man called out, pointing to your teacher's companion Bombinomicon.

"Sir, would you like for me to dispose of the filth below you?" You gently but aggressively offer to Merasmus, the wizard's piercing eyes reaching the men's.

"The healer, bomb thrower with one eye and the fast one." He instructs you, pointing to each to make sure you understand which ones to go after.

"Yes sir!" You pop your knuckles and teleport to the back to begin your assault on the selected men.

You start by tripping the German doctor, breaking his Medigun, the rest of the team now relying on health packs and his crossbow to heal up.

You pick up the man in a sphere of (f/c) magic and toss him away, entrapping him in some nearby rubble.

Next was the quick one, in his hands was his shotgun and a can of Bonk.

"Now gentlemen, grab all zhat 'ou can!" A bell rings and the men scatter to grab ammo drops, health packs, and more metal scraps in Engie's view.

You wait until the right opportunity to unleash your rage onto the youngest of the men, the quickest.

Cracking your neck you mumble words to cast a spell, you'd make him tiny and simply flick him off your finger to where that German doctor was.

As expected your plan works and you send the tiny Scout flying in the direction of the Medic.

Crossing your arms you look over to your teacher and gasp. He needed your help!

You teleport behind the men again and send the Heavy to his doom. The Engineer and his machinery a close second.

"Merasmus, are you alright?" You help up Merasmus and he thanks you, standing up and disappearing with you to give the men time to collect whatever they need.

"Serena, heal my wounds, I beg." He pleads, rolling up his sleeves to reveal his bullet grazes, puncture wounds and steady streams of blood.

"Master Merasmus, they did a lot of damage. I believe they have their Medic and Scout back. I'm afraid that you may have to surrender this fight." You sigh, tending to the damage they've done.

He looks at you with such a  determination that he simply couldn't just let up and surrender.

"Was it true what the Scotsman said, sir? Did Bombinomicon truly take that man's eye?" You look at the wizard, your healing complete.

"Yes, what the Demolitionist spouted was true. Bombinomicon took his eye."

"But, what could he have done to make the book want his eye, Master?" You furrow your eyebrows and try to think of what the man could've done.

"He read the book when I instructed him to do the opposite. Bombinomicon possessed his eye and I had to take it out of his skull. Painlessly, of course seeing that he was but a boy." You nod and look through your crystal ball, the men indeed having their Medic and Scout back.

"Merasmus, I'll deal with them. Please stay here and heal." You wait until he solumnly agrees and teleport to the battle again.

The men rest up, expecting your tutor to return any second.

"Hey, it's dat gal again! She t'rew me inta tha Medic after shrinkin' me!" The Scout yells, the men's attention immediately being taken and given to you.

"You. Bomb thrower." You point towards Demo, bidding him to come closer.

He looks at the others then warily steps up to you.

"Bombinomicon possessed your eye, no?" You cross your arms, ready to take that blasted book and set it ablaze.

"Ah, t'at's righ'." He looks confused at you and you summon the book to you.

"Bombinomicon, how dare you take this man's eye?" You ask the book, it's response being a simple roll of the eyes.

"Why not ask Monoculus' opposite? I still haven't found it." The fast talking object says to you.

"Wow, thanks. Such a help." You scoff, waving your hand to make the book return to it's pedestal in your teacher's library.

"Listen, mortal, I'll return your eye. For a price."

"Wha' is i'?" He furrows his eyebrows, his drunken mind sobering up enough to comprehend what your proposing.

"You have to unshackle my bindings to the magician." You look at him with a serious face, the shackles beginning to burn against your wrists at the mention of them.

"Shackles? Wha' are ye talkin' abou'?" He blinks and looks around, confused.

You make the chains visible to him and he looks determined, reaching for his sword.

With the utmost will power he cracks the chains breaking your bond to the magician.

"As promised, I'll return your eye." You snap your delicate fingers and he blinks a few good times before moving his eye patch to reveal his caramel brown eyes, now finally a pair.

"I'm too drunk fer t'is." He sighs in amazement then laughs, overwhelmed with joy at his full sight.

"T'anks!" He smiles and hugs you, your instinct to hug back.

Perhaps it was a good idea to be Merasmus' apprentice after all.

Hope you enjoyed!