Sick Day (xR!Scout)

Requested by my buddy @BlueJaysMama hope you like it!

You and Scout have been best friends since you were recruited to Red team a few months ago.

As many of the others can agree on, you two were inseparable unless it was absolutely necessary.

Today was a day that you didn't really want to wake up on.

You were sick. You hate being sick.

You're currently sitting in your bed, sniffling, breathing out of your mouth, and coughing.

I need to see Medic, but at this rate I'd be too weak to walk to the infirmary.

Then there came a knock at your door that you've grown all too familiar with.

"Hey, Y/n, can I come in?" He ,somewhat muffled, asks from behind the door.

"Yeah, just close the door behind you."

"Alright." He steps in and sees your weakened state, cocking his head.

"You're sick?"

"No, I'm perfectly fine, yes, Jeremy, I'm sick." You sigh out, a cough or two leaving your throat sore as you ended the sentence.

"Okay, Medic'll have medicine for ya, I'll just go get it."

"Thanks." You squeak out, seeing him nod and close the door behind him was all you needed to calm down some.

He's going to get me medicine, then I can take care of myself, no need to make anyone else sick.

When Scout returns with a medicine bottle and a spoon to take a dose, he has you sit up and fills the spoon.

"N-no, Scout, I can do it.. it's no," you cough, "no problem, really."

"I have eight brot'ahs t'at said the same, still helped 'em." He holds out the medicine filled spoon, the red liquid already making you want to gag.

"But-"

"No buts, toots, I'm helpin'."

"...fine.." You sigh and cough again, then calm down enough to take the disgusting tasting liquid.

"Here." Jeremy opens a water and hands it to you, while you sip it down gratefully.

"Don't drink it all, you gotta take anothe'." He interrupts your drinking when you're about halfway through with the bottle.

You open your mouth, ready for the next spoonful of medicine, and you repeat what you did with the first.

"See. Dat wa'n't so bad." He chuckles and stands up, putting the medicine bottle on your dresser, then walks out of the room, most likely to put the spoon in the sink.

You curl up, shivers crawling up your spine, the blanket making you cool and hot all the same.

You clear your throat, and haphazardly, yell out for Scout as loud as you could.

Thankfully he came back, soup in his bandage wrapped hands.

"Had Heavy make it while I got ya medicine." He carefully sets the soup down and sits on your bed, then gets it again, the soup being your favorite.

"You able ta-"

"I can feed myself, thanks, though." You squeak, then grab the spoon, eating the still warm soup.

Must've put it in the fridge. Thoughtful.

When you're done with the warm, delicious soup, Scout once again leaves the room to only come back afterwards.

"Anyt'ing else ya might want 'fore I leave?"

You think for a moment, then think with a playful idea.

"Engie."

"Why Engie?"

"Cause he'd stay and cuddle with me if I asked."

"But, what about me?"

'What about you?"

"Why not cuddle with me? I'd make ya warm."

"Hmm... Texan still seems like a better option. Unless, you'd like to test that theory." You pulled up the blanket you were under and hoped your trick would work.

He thought for a second then took his sneakers off, getting in your bed and cuddled you, indeed making you warm.

"Hm. Guess you were right, Jeremy. You are making me warm."

"Hah, I told ya."

"Mhm." You slowly yawned and drifted off to sleep.

Jeremy, knowing you needed the rest, kept the other mercs from coming in, being loud, and disturbing you in general.

You'd never really know what crossed his mind when you were so close to him, but he really wanted to kiss you.

Maybe not on the lips, cause your sick, but the forehead would be enough for him.

In fact, before he left your room silently, he kissed your forehead gently, then snuck out with his sneakers in his hand.

Thanks, Jeremy, you really do help me when I need it.

Hope you enjoyed! C: