Lucky (xSpy)

Quick A/n: Hey everyone! I'm sorry for the long wait for another update, I've been juggling school, friends and siblings, so I'll be trying to focus on writing a little bit more for you all.

Also, do you guys like/dislike the oneshots where I use songs to tell stories? (Put answers here→)

As always, enjoy!

You sit on your balcony, the sea breeze calming you as you stare off into the ocean's farthest reaches.

You spot a glimmer against the waves, the urge of curiosity tapping your shoulder as your attention goes to it.

You go inside your home, snatching up your shoes and sweater, putting them on and rushing downstairs, the warmth of longing and wonder spreading through your chest with each step.

You reach the beach in a few minutes, the glimmer in the waves now being a glass bottle on the shore, a note inside and a cork in the opening.

A wide smile etches itself on your features, the small but promising bottle now in your warm hands, the cork just begging to be pulled.

You walk towards your home again, fingers greedily prying the wooden stopper out of the bottle, careful to wait until you had the proper lighting and dry surface to read the note.

Achille sits on the freight, knowing fully well that his bottle would have reached his beloved by now.

He was currently in hiding, the seamen either too thick skulled or too lazy to care about his presence.

It would take hours, but he was keen on getting his way back to you.

He'd find himself talking to you via the stars and constellations, the image of your beautiful face and the memory of your infectious laugh infinitely embedded in his mind.

You sit at your desk, pulling the thin chain to your lamp while carefully retrieving the note inside the bottle, setting it on the desktop.

You unroll it, the words in fancy cursive, but you could never forget who's it was.

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend.

"My Fille, I should be returning home within a few hours." You read the first line, bittersweet tears falling down your plump cheeks as you can't hide a bright smile.

Lucky to have been where I have been.

Achille relaxes against his hiding place, reaching into his inside coat pocket, retrieving his gift to you.

He smiles at the simple but thoughtful gift, knowing you always wanted something from his endeavors.

Lucky to be coming home again.

You continue to read the note, abandoning the thought of wiping away joyous tears.

You knew that he was coming home, and you knew he'd be staying for a long, long time.

You remember how long you've been with the Frenchman, your heart pattering in your chest.

I'll wait for you, I promise you I'll wait.

You find your pointer and middle finger gently touching your lips, a bittersweet smile on your face.

"Soon, my love. Soon." You sigh happily, deciding to retire to your room and get some sleep.

Spy sighs happily, the thought of seeing you again making even him happy.

He'd never tire of seeing you, and you of him. He knew he feel in love with his best friend.

You yawn and smile, loving the places you traveled to find the man you love now.

With that final thought, you fall asleep.

Achille vows himself and you that he will never stay away from home and the love of his life as long as he did.

He refused to.

-Smol time skip-

You woke up a few hours later, finding your bed still painfully empty on his side.

You smell the aroma of coffee/tea, eggs/toast, and bacon/ham, the stove, from what you can tell, still on.

You sleepily uncover yourself, the cold of the room making you shiver and your limbs cover themselves in goosebumps.

Lucky we're in love in every way.

You yawn, the soft hum of your Frenchman in the kitchen making you tiredly smile.

You walk into the kitchen, wrapping your arms tiredly around his torso, laying your still sleepy head on his back.

He smiles, his baclava discarded in one of his drawers in your shared room, his tussled but neat dark locks  making you want to play with them.

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed.

You inhale his scent, still not grasping the fact that he's finally home after such a long time away.

He turned the stove off, your serve of breakfast already on the counter as he places his on a plate, opening the drawer to get a fork for the two of you.

"I missed you." You finally speak, his smile widening and a grateful hum coming from him.

You'll hear the music fill the air, I'll put a flower in your hair.

The soft strumming of guitar is playing through the house, another tired, but happy smile on your face at the beautiful sound.

Achille reaches behind him and in a swift movement, places a pastel pink speckled lily in your hair, tenderly fixing the messy aspect of it.

Although the breezes through the trees are all so pretty, you're all I see.

You move your tired frame away from his, his response being to turn towards you.

You smile, his features making your heart ache from waiting so long to see them.

The world keeps spinning 'round, you hold me right here right now.

You become engulfed in a warm embrace from your French lover, his lanky but still strong arms holding you tight.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend." Achille softly begins to sing, an undeniable smile on his face.

"Lucky to have been where I have been." You join in, feeling him gently sway you around, snaking his hands into yours.

"Lucky to be coming home again."

"Lucky we're in love in every way."

"Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed."

"Lucky to be coming home someday."

You dance around your kitchen, humming, singing and laughing, the Frenchman before you making your first days with him back the best of the best.

Hope you enjoyed!