Dreams

"I will." I tell him and Edward appears outside, Jacob let go of the car. He watched me drive away.

I drove for awhile, ignoring all calls. I was filling up my car, ignoring the blood around me as I focused in on my phone and the smell of gas. It was Seth. I answered him, "Hello?".

"Katherine!" he said surprised but excitedly. I heard him say "She answered!" and voices around him.

"What do you want Seth?" I ask and he talked to a few people before he answered, apparently trying to figure out what to say.

"Sam knows about Bella. Jake defied him and I joined. Leah joined too! But she told Jacob who told your family that Sam was gonna attack tonight." he said very quickly. I finished filling up my tank.

"Tonight?" I ask and it was silent for a moment before I heard a whack and a clatter. I assume he dropped the phone.

"Sorry. I forgot you couldn't see me and nodded." he chuckled in his cute own little way. "Apparently no one here has hunted, i'm outside because you guys kinda... have a weird smell." he said, trying to think of a nice way to put it. I knew no one had hunted. They were almost as depraved as me, but they used up some our blood bags instead.

"I can be there in an hour." I sigh and I heard him talking, mostly bragging to someone before he replied to me.

"Jacob wants to talk to you. Something about him ignoring all his calls. Is something wrong with you too?" he asked and I heard another whack and I heard Seth yell "Ow!". I hang up, knowing if I hang up, he won't call again. Jacob probably won't let him.

I didn't think Jacob hit him too hard, Seth can get on his nerves. Seth is very cheery and kid-like and Jacob is not. I pay and get in my car, wishing I had time to hunt but it would be dark soon. I would protect my family, even if I was weak.

Which I was. Being without my mate made me depressed. Fighting with him made it worse. But he seemed to want to talk. So i'd try to talk, for Seth's sake.

Pulling into my driveway, I park my car in the garage

Pulling into my driveway, I park my car in the garage. I close the door after I parked and sat in the car for a minute. It was nearly sunset, I get out of my car and walk inside. Jacob comes in through the front door but doesn't close it. "I saw your car while I was doing a perimeter check." he said, not explaining himself, just making conversation. I nod and he asks "Come outside with me?" he asks and I look at the stairs, where I heard typing, pages flipping. They were researching again.

I look back at him slowly, "Yeah." I say quietly, setting my keys on the table next to the garage door. He holds the door open as I pass him. He follows me as I walk a while into the woods, near where the wedding was. It was silent for a moment before I asked, "You wanted to talk?".

He looks at me and shakes his head, "I messed up. I know. But you leaving really....." he trailed off, not being able to explain the feeling.

"It feels like I took your heart with me." I describe and he gulps, nodding, leaning on one foot more than the other. Even when I was mad at him, he looked perfect.