Arrival

I watched from my spot on the counter as everyone packed

   I watched from my spot on the counter as everyone packed. However Esme and Carlisle sensed someone outside. It was Sam, wanting to talk to Carlisle, and just everyone. We all went outside, "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." he informed, all of us waiting to see what it said.

     "Carlisle." Esme caught his attention from where he had been staring at the paper. I didn't-couldn't believe they would just ditch us. Even if Alice saw a vision of us losing, she and Jasper wouldn't abandon us.

     Carlisle looked up at his wife, "They've left us." he declared quietly, telling us the news we were afraid of.

       We were all hurt and betrayed. Rosalie spoke up, questioning it "Why?" and I could tell she was hurt too, Alice and her had been close.

      "She didn't say." Carlisle informed and I clutched the railing, breaking a piece off. I let it drop into the bushes.

      Jacob looked over at me, from where he stood near Sam. "Can I see that?" Bella asked and Carlisle gave it to her.

      I walked inside, not wanting to hear anymore. Jake didn't follow me, trying to gather information. I couldn't believe that Alice and Jasper would just leave us. I struggled with my thoughts as I raced up to my old bedroom.

      It only had my bed, empty shelves, nothing I would need at the new house. I sat on the floor by the window, hugging my knees. I didn't want to be near anyone, except for Jacob. But he was my mate and I always wanted to be near him. He was the only one who could make me feel better when I didn't want to be around people. And Jasper but only because he could control emotions. He did that a lot when I first changed, it helped me get through the loss of my family.

      I stayed there as everyone left. Jacob came up after they had all left. "They wouldn't just abandon us. Alice and Jasper wouldn't do it to me." I tried to convince him, before correcting myself, "Any of us.".He nodded, sighing as he sat down next to me.

     He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, letting me lean into him. "I'm sure they are just getting a head start." he tried to convince me. And I believed him, not wanting to believe anything else.

      We stayed there for awhile. Until it got dark, which is when we went home. He was a big softie when it came to me. The next day, Edward, Bella, Renesmee and Seth came home with the Denali clan, except Irina.