Arrival

An hour later, Jacob was training the new werewolves. I was outside, learning of the other capabilities. I had already shown off my gift and we all talked. But then we heard running, stopping all talk as we weren't expecting anyone else.

    My mind instantly went to Jacob and the new Quileutes he was with

    My mind instantly went to Jacob and the new Quileutes he was with. I could hear the snarling from here, the vampires were coming our way. But soon they weren't getting any closer, Carlisle lead the way as we hurried, using our speed until the last few feet where he slowed to a stop. I made my way to Jacob, hearing the pups snarl but Jacob quickly growled back.

    "Vladimir, Stefan." Carlisle greeted surprised but polite as I crouched next to Jake. He was taller than me now, his head lowered as he looked at the two uninvited vampires, "You're a long way from home." Carlisle sparked the conversation.

    "I don't remember an invitation being sent." I snarled and they grinned at me, their entire nature was creepy.

    "What are they doing here?" I heard Kate mutter, looking around to see she had asked Eleazar, who didn't know either.

    But Vladimir, his accent spoke out as he answered "We heard the Volturi were moving against you." and his white-blonde hair bothered me.

    "But that you would not stand alone." Stefan added for his friend, I didn't know much about them besides that the Volturi had destroyed almost everything they loved. They hated the Volturi with every fiber in them.

     Carlisle was quick to explain "We didn't do what we were accused of." and shook his head, trying to convince them.

       "We do not care what you did, Carlisle." Vladimir states and I stand, but unconsciously move my hand so it was gently holding onto Jake's fur.

    Stefan's deeper voice comes out as he informs "We have been waiting a millenium for Italian scum to be challenged." and a smile appeared on his face.

    "It's not our plan to fight the Volturi." Carlisle said as we watched their eager faces dissipate.

Their faces went to disappointment as Vladimir stated "Shame. Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed." he looked over at his friend mockingly.

    "They do love a good fight." Stefan joined in on the mocking of the Volturi. I didn't defend the Volturi as I used to. They were nothing to me now.

     But what was confusing was Aro only had Irina. Eleazar seemed to notice that too as he went up to Carlisle confused, "Aro's witnesses?" and Vladimir clicked his tongue.

      "Oh. You're hoping they'll listen?" Vladimir said as he looked down at us from his small ridge. Carlisle seemed to be put off for a second as well so I cut in, saving my father from explaining right now, as he tried to find a gentle way to put it.

    "Why don't we go back to the Cullen house. Jacob, you can join us when you help them change back. Stefan, Vladimir..." I trail off, not wanting anything to do with them.