Waging War

Weeks went by, everything went back to normal, except for Renesmee

Weeks went by, everything went back to normal, except for Renesmee. She was growing inches every week. She was barely a month old and was walking and forming full sentences. It was snowing by now, the cold did not bother her as much as a normal human, but was still susceptible to it. Bella and Seth went out with Renesmee to the field, showing her it.

    Jacob and I were with them, we loved the snow as it affected neither of us. Plus we had been at the Cullens house. I was with Renesmee, who I loved almost as I had loved my older brother. She reminded me a bit of him with her curiosity, but she behaved much better than him.

    I watched as she caught snowflakes, jumping high into the air. But then I felt someone watching, and so did she as we looked at the cliff. I saw Irina, Jacob and Seth came to our sides, Bella next to us and Renesmee clung to Seth who growled. He recognized her. "Who's that?" Renesmee asked and I looked down at her, my hand holding onto Jacob's fur gently.

    "I think that's our cousin from Denali." Bella said, staring at a shocked Irina. She called out to her, "Irina!". Then I realized, she had saw Renesmee jumping.

    "No." I saw before racing after Irina, who ran. I followed, Bella after me. I watched Irina jump into the ocean. I stopped at the cliff, about to jump after her.

    Bella grabbed my arm, "We should take Renesmee home." she said and I heard Jacob running. He appeared on the cliff, a few seconds after me.

    He slowed to a jog, and nudged his head under my arm. "It's okay Jake. Tell Seth to bring Renesmee home. Bella you go with her. I'll stay for a bit to see if Irina comes back. She thinks something she shouldn't." I explain to her, making her more confused.

    "What?" she questioned but I shook my head, knowing someone could explain it better than me. I didn't know as much as everyone else did. I never finished reading it, before I met Jacob. Never finished it as I found better things to read.

    "Just go home and tell them what happened." I order her and she nods, before going home. I sigh and hear Jake whine, I smile stiffly down at him as Bella heads back to them.

    Irina better not do anything rash. I know of her past, this is not going to end well. Someone is going to get hurt. But it won't be Renesmee if I have anything to do with it. After a bit, I knew Irina wasn't coming back. Jacob seemed tired, "Let's go home Jake." and he began to run. We raced back home.

    We went inside, Jacob knew I was stressed as he held my hand as we went upstairs. I left my jacket downstairs, only in my layer sweaters.

   Everyone was looking at Alice, a broken vase at her feet, flowers surrounding it. Jasper was at her side, everyone looking at her. "The Volturi. They're coming for us." she announced her voice sounding worried and desperate. "Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard and Irina." she listed as I clutched Jacobs arm, the one that held my hand.