Artifice

Later that night we went to the campsite

       Later that night we went to the campsite. But I exchanged my shoes for cute snow boots Alice had got me. She did shopping for everyone, even when we didn't want her to. I watched as Jacob got firewood, and Benjamin played with the fire on one finger.

Jacob tossed the wood down, watching Benjamin with a serious face. Benjamin just grinned at him before switching to four fingers, waving his hand at the wood sending fire flying towards the logs.

 Benjamin just grinned at him before switching to four fingers, waving his hand at the wood sending fire flying towards the logs

    It lit up in flames and I flinched. "Now that's what i'm talking about." Jacob muttered as the fire grew, turning into a small bonfire. Jacob came and sat on one of the trees we had torn down, taking his place next to me and Benjamin took his next to his mates. "Little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories." he rubbed his hands together and I looked at him.

There was only Benjamin and Tia, everyone as was still as they did not care for any of it.

    Jacob looked around, "Or standing there like freaking statues." he muttered and Benjamin laughed, looking at him.

    Garrett rushed over, swaying as he landed on the log faster than a human blinking "Name an american battle, I was there." he told Jacob and I smiled, glad nobody was protesting him considering he was a werewolf.

    "A little bighorn." Jacob tested and I raised an eyebrow. There was a battle named that? I wasn't much of a history buff, I believed now that if I needed to know it, I would have been there. My vampire motto.

    Garrett looked into the fire and put his fingers an inch apart as he shared "I came this close to biting Custer, the Indians got him first." and I just played with my hands as I listened.

    Kate came, landing on Garretts lap quickly "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople." she informed, and Garrett stared up at her. He truly liked her, even though they weren't mates. "He didn't win that one on his own." she scoffed lightly and I grin.

    "If you're talking battles, you're talking about the Eleven years war. No one does rebellion like the Irish." Liam, the leader of the Irish coven, brags and I furrow my eyebrows. They didn't win.