Complications

I froze, terrified. 

Faewyn peered out of the trees on the other side of the road and tried to catch my eye. I met her gaze desperately, my thoughts shaky and disjointed. The great king dismounted in one fluid motion. He straightened his barely mussed robes and strode silently next to the path.

"I have not seen your face here before, elfling," he said with a rather impetuous tone.

"Uin edhel," I barely whispered, mortified. 

I am not an elf.

"So you are not," he confirmed, tilting his head. "Come out here so I may get a better look at you." 

It was not a request. I slowly stepped out of the undergrowth and bowed my head. The Elvenking regarded me through ice blue eyes.

"From whence have you come?" He asked. 

I had opened my mouth to speak when I felt a part of me stir. 

I was waking up. And I was fading.

"My king," I gasped out. "I must leave, I beg your..." I sighed and looked up at the white ceiling in my room. 

Freaking great. 

I basically just walked out on one of the most important people I was ever likely to meet. And he knows I am not an elf. What if he forbade my from entering his realm again, and what of Faewyn? She could get punished..... I moaned and buried my face in my pillow. This was going to be a difficult tangle to untangle. But at the moment, I had a violin recital on this peachy Saturday morning, and I had to get dressed. And practice. And possibly eat an item or two. Possibly. 

The struggle continues, I thought bitterly. At least summer was soon to arrive, and then I would be in high school. Not like that was an improvement, or anything. I sighed for the second time that morning and walked into my closet.