Preparations

I was attempting to do my English homework when I realised that there was a pale glow surrounding me. I distractedly ran a hand over the stars on my collarbone and tried to focus. 

"I no longer care," I said out loud to my homework, closing the textbook tiredly.

I was making my way over to my bed when my room flashed and I found myself looking at the ceiling.

I should probably let you know that it was not, in fact, my ceiling. It was painted a pale gold, and thin mahogany wood curled around each other to make intricate patterns on the wall. I turned over, casually noticing that I was curled up on a large chair. As I blinked, I noticed the longbow hanging behind the door. Wasn't that Legolas's?

I scowled, picturing the conversation:

Legolas would probably say something like "Gianna? What brings you here?" and I would probably say something along the lines of "I really have no idea, but I'll be going now. Bye."

Um, awkward.

But he had a really nice chair.

I sat up with a start and silently berated myself for even considering to stay and nap in this lovely elven chair. I tightened my belt, making sure my knife wasn't about to impale my appendix, and cautiously padded to the door, straining my ears for any possible sound. My neck prickled at a sudden draft and my adrenaline started rushing as I neared the solid wooden door.

With a semblance of panic, I noticed that the door knob was carved with curling stars, woven with gold in pale pink and yellow.

"But he mustn't be late," remarked a slightly amused voice directly on the other side of the door.

"He will not be, my Prince," assured another voice. "I will send word to him promptly."

Chills went up my spine. I tensed and held my breath, uncertain of what to do. My reflexes sized up the issue. There was a small wardrobe in the corner, I could always hide. But that, I figured, would be more impertinent. One did not simply hide in random Prince's closets. I inched towards the door and--it swung open, causing me to flinch.

Legolas was still unaware of my presence, as he faced the retreating elf. With a light motion, the door swung closed, ruffling my hair. He turned, and I bowed my head respectively. 

"Gianna?" he said wryly.

"Hey," I murmured. "I am sorry to..."

Legolas smiled, and herded me over to the chair I had just vacated.

"Here, sit down." he offered. "Now, pray tell. What brought you into my bedroom at this late hour?"

I felt a burning blush creep up the sides of my neck like a trickle of fire. "How late is it?" 

"Almost dawn," he said thoughtfully. 

"I am sorry, my Prince," I said respectfully, meeting his gaze sharply. "I just realized if the stars are glowing I mustn't touch."

He slightly raised his eyebrow, quirking a small smile at that comment.

"They were glowing?" he asked, after a brief pause.

"I don't know," I said, shrugging, fingering the hem of my tunic. "I mean, suddenly there was this halo of light around me and--maybe it's a sign that we should...that we should go." I finished.

I didn't want to risk him being against the idea again, but after the whole possible "you have x amount of star minutes" thing, it seemed possible, even likely.

I peered at him, gauging his reaction.

His eyes widened slightly.

"What?" He asked abruptly.