17

The Next Day
Yasmine

I came out the bathroom from throwing up again. Hopefully this is last time. I walked downstairs into the kitchen. Hearing the water running I knew the only person that was up is grandma. I walked in the kitchen and the water stop. I went in the kitchen and grabbed a water from the fridge.

"Yasmine can I ask you a question?" Grandma asked as I sat down on the stool. I nodded. "How long have you been having sex with that boy?" She asked.

"Five months." I said nervously and drunk my water.

"Are you guys dating?" She asked and I shook my head. She gave me a look which gave me chills. "Yasmine didn't I tell you not to be doing that?" She asked.

"Grandma, I know but I was under the influence and I encourage him to do it. I had just put my current boyfriend in jail and was heart broken. He was there for me thru all of it and I just let the lust side of me take over. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Now I don't know if I'm pregnant or-" I stop from feeling that sharp pain in the side of my stomach. "Ow!" I semi- yelled. My grandma walked over to me. She lifted up my shirt and placed her hand where I was feeling the pain. She moved her hand around my stomach. The pain stop and I slowly sat up straight.

"Yasmine, how long have you been feeling this pain?"

"For the last two weeks." I replied and she nodded.

"And you've been throwing up for the two weeks two?" She asked and I nodded. "If your pregnant are you sure that Elijah is the father." My eyes got water as I nodded. "You are pregnant Yasmine." She said and I broke down in tears.

"I don't want to tell him." I said thru tears.

"Tienes que decirle tarde o temprano." She said.

"Grandma I don't know if I can." I said crying even more.

"Just tell him and if he doesn't want to step up, then you be the woman you was raised to be and take care of responsibility." She said. I pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks grandma." I said wiping the tears. She pulled away nodded.

"Now go upstairs and get some rest cause today everyone leaving and y'all live across town." Nanna said and I nodded. I hugged her one more time before going upstairs.

I walked up the steps and bumped into a hard chest. I fell back but was caught before falling down the step.

"You okay?" I opened my eyes to see who it was.

Elijah

"Yes, thanks." I said and he nodded. I nodded and started to walk away but Elijah grabbed my arm.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I debated on weather or not but I gave in. I nodded. He let go and I followed him to he's room. I walked in his room and sat down on his bed. He shut the door and sat on the bed next to me. "Um." He said. "I have some questions, and I need you to be honest with me. And if you don't want to answer you don't have to." He said and I nodded. He sighed heavily. "Well are you mad at me?" He asked.

"About what?" I asked.

"About me sleeping with you and another girl." He said.

"I was, but I got over. Can hold a grudge forever." I said making him laugh.

"Welp that's out the window." He said chuckling and I got nervous. "Why have you been avoiding me this whole time we been here?" He asked.

"Well I've been going thru something and I just don't want to fall into our lust relationship again." I said telling half the truth.