Back Home (Slate)

Sariyah had a dream about the future. She knew this was going to happen. Why didn't she tell me? This could be something big or small. She could be more than an Inged. This could be her royal blood. Lady Katsem would like to know this. 

I look around the room for her. I see many royal soldiers walking amongst the dead votashes. I do not see Veda or Emily. Emily wanted Sariyah so bad that she kept me alive. I look for Lady Katsem again. She is talking to Sergent Ron. His dad is the king's protector. Therefore, he got into the guard fast. He is the same age as me. He seems to be staring at Sariyah with deep pleasure. He is muttering things over to Katsem when he sees me staring. He tells Katsem and she walks over to me and looks at Sariyah. "Good Job private Slate. We will take this from here. Your car is down in the lot. You can head home. You will be ranked up for this, I presume." 

I don't know what to say. I've wanted to get ranked up for two years now, but I can't just leave Sariyah here. I need to know what is going to happen. I can't deny Katsem either. "Yes, ma'am."

I walk down out the door and find my way downstairs. It took me a while since I didn't know how I got up here. Once outside I see a black Cadillac waiting to pick me up. I head inside of it. The driver is Jim. He is a private as well. He is not allowed to do the fighting stuff just jet. "Where are we going?" I ask him knowing the answer.

"To the kingdom. You will continue your training." He looks around and starts to drive.

"Do you know what will happen to the princess?" I hear the doors lock. This must have automatic locking devices. 

"They won't say much about her. She is probably going to be queen a week or two from now." 

"Why? What happened?"

"Didn't you hear? The king is dead."