6

Camila finally pulled up to the nice apartments. She quickly paid the driver and grabbed her bags out from the trunk. This was it. Camila was finally going to see Lauren in person, the last time she saw Lauren was the day she left. Camila shivered as she remembered that awful night. Letting her mind run in circles for a minute longer, she finally sighed to herself and headed to the door.
Camila vaguely remembered the lay out of the apartments. Lauren had bought her apartment 2 weeks before Camila left the group.
She softly smiled at the number on the door, 27. She remembered that Lauren had pick this number because it represented the date that the girls got thrown together.

Finally she approached the door and realized how nervous she was. What was she going to say?

"I should have just gotten a hotel." Camila thought to herself. She gave in and knocked softly on the door. Moments later a beautiful green eyed girl opened the door. She casually wore a sweatshirt and ripped jeans. Her eyes sparkled and she had a welcoming smile on her face.

"Camila." She said softly and weakly.

"Lauren." Camila said in the same tone as Lauren. The girls seemed to scan each other up and down almost as if they were figuring out what was different from when they last saw each other.

"Umm come in." Lauren says coming back to reality. She didn't know how long she had been looking at the smaller girl but she knew it was probably for an uncomfortable amount of time.
Lauren showed Camila the guest bedroom and went back into the kitchen.

"Lauren." Camila said in a serious tone. Lauren start to get scared as she turned around so see Camila behind her. She new that tone too well. It was the last tone she heard from her before she left......

"It's nothing too bad Lolo." Camila said recognizing the fear on Lauren's face. Lauren's face turned from being scared to embarrassed.
"I'm sorry it's a force of habit." Camila said quickly as she realized what she said.

"Camila it's okay. I'm just not used to it anymore. The girls only call me Lauren."

"They called you Lo, and I called you lolo. Why did they stop?" Camila asked trying to put the pieces together.

"We all stopped with the nicknames since you were the one who gave them to us. We still call Normani Mani. Ally, Allycat, but when it comes to me and Dinah we changed the nicknames."
Camila started to feel guilty once again for leaving. It was clear that you never really know how you effect others.

"So what were you going say Camila?" Lauren asks

"I was going to say I really don't want this to be awkward." Camila begins. "I understand I was gone and from only being here for a minute or so I can tell a lot has changed. The way you talk and the way you live your life, it's different. I know you can tell that there are some stuff different about me too." She pauses and takes a breathe. "I guess what I'm trying to say that I hate this awkwardness and I know be basically have to refrained each other...... But if I bug or something please tell me. I feel like we already have a lot to talk about."

Lauren was shocked. Camila was definitely not the same, the old Camila would just apologize and hope everything could go back to the way it was.

"What do we have to talk about?" Lauren asks.
"The things we missed." Camila says getting hyper. "I mean if you want to."

"Honestly nothing has really happened since you've been gone. I mean we went on a tour and stuff like that."

"Lauren that's not what I'm talking about. Like what about you and ty?"

"Yeah we've been off and on for a while now."
"See that's something new. You two never made it official"

"I suppose." Lauren says weakly. Her and Ty were always fighting and sometimes it just never felt right. She knows she loves him but she doesn't know if it's a friendly way or more. "So what's up with you Camila? How's Matthew?"

"I errr.... he's good we've only been dating for a couple of months." Camila said almost unsure if it was really the truth. Lauren easily picked up on the girl's lie but she decided to stay quiet about it.

"That's cool." Lauren finally says not to sure of what to say.

"So what do you wanna do?" Camila asks.

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure!" Camila says getting happy.

"Cool, go look at what movie you want to watch and I'll make popcorn." Lauren says walking towards the pantry.

Camila turns back to head into the living room. She easily finds a giant shelf filled with movies. She quickly looks through them but all she can really find are movies she's never really heard of.

"The Disney movies and Superhero movie are on the last shelf all the way to your left!" Lauren calls from the other room.

Camila smiles to herself and walks over to the large shelf filled with all her favorite movies. She goes through and finds some movies she wouldn't mind watching again. As she looks for a movie that she knows Lauren could put up with she hears footsteps behind her.

"Or do you want to watch PLL on TV?" Lauren asks from behind Camila. She can tell that the girl was very concentrated on finding a movie that her voice made the smaller girl jump a little.

"Whatever you want to Lo." Camila says meeting the green eyed girls gaze.

"Stop trying to look a movie that I could "tolerate."" Lauren says crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. Camila giggles a little and turns around to find a movie. Lauren smiles to herself as she replays the girls giggle in her head. It was so cute. She loved how she could make Camila laugh. Seeing Camila even just smile made her feel happy.