It's urgent.

Chapter 16

Valka's POV

Outcast Island? Never heard of it. But Hiccup seems to know about it.

"I've never heard of this place Hiccup." I said.

"Well Berkians and Outcasts are basically rivals. Their leader, Alvin, has been kidnapping me left an right to get me to train his dragons that are imprisoned down that hall." He pointed down a long corridor. I was mad that this man would kidnap my son so much. "I've basically learned all of his tricks and traps so it's really easy to escape." He calmly explained.

"What about that Dagur fellow? Your father told me about your battle with him and how you nearly died." I said. Wow, Hiccup gets into a lot of fights.

"Oh he's just obsessed with killing Toothless. Has never even come close to it though." Hiccup needs to stay out of trouble because now war to him is like a nice bubble bath. That's not natural.

"Well since you have escaped from here many times, how do we get out?" I asked pacing my cell.

"There is a way to get the keys without triggering the alarm. It sounds when he key hook is moved downward. But if you hit it up with enough force, the keys will fly off the hook, not setting off the alarm." He explained as he pulled one of the chains so hard that it broke in half. I was dumbfounded at my sons strength. Just like his father.

"Mom? Hello? Earth to Mom?" I quickly snapped out of it.

"Sorry Hiccup, I just got lost in thought." I said. He pulled the other chain in half.

"Alright hang on." He took off his metal leg and hit the key hook upward. His plan worked. The keys fell near his cell and he grabbed them then opened our doors.

"Incredible Hiccup. I forgot to ask, what happened to your foot?" I pointed at the prosthetic and he reattached it to the nub on his left leg.

"Ah that's a long story that I will tell you about back on Berk. Right now, we should get out of here."

As soon as we were outside, we whistled for our dragons and went back toward Berk. I mean, home.

Hiccup's POV

I had to think of a gift. It's me and Astrid's 3 month anniversary and I wanted to make her something special. And do something special.

"Hey Mom, when you and dad were dating, did he ever do anything, you know, romantic for anniversarys?" I asked.

"Oh Hiccup your father was never into those things. It was all about chiefing with him. But I have a few ideas if you need some help." This. Will be perfect. I can sense it. "Why do you ask?"

"Well it's me and Astrid's 3 month anniversary in 2 days and I REALLY wanna make it so she will never forget it."

"Well, first it has to be special. Maybe bring back old memories or set up a VERY nice set up in a beautiful place. Where you can be alone. Girls love alone time with boyfriends on anniversarys."

I couldn't believe all these ideas that my mom was just pouring out. It was incredible. Astrid is SO going to love our date.

"What about a gift?" I asked.

"Well I can tell that she loves you, her dragon, and I get a feeling that she is a little violent."

"Oh man spot on Mom. That is definitely Astrid. By the way, don't tell her I called her violent."

"Lips are sealed. But for a gift, do something that every girl likes. Girly or not. I would say a piece of jewelry. Like a necklace."

"Mom that's perfect! I'll make her a necklace! It'll be in the shape of an axe, with the sharp class symbol engraved in it!" My mother is a genius. "Thank you mom!!! You're the best!"

"Oh anything for you my dear. Now let's get you to the forge. That necklace might take you a while."

-Back at Berk-

Astrid's POV

I'm worried. Hiccup is never gone this long unless it's about chief stuff with Stoick. I decided to visit Gobber, since he basically raised me after my parents were lost in the same fight that Valka was carried away in. Only my parents didn't return.

"Hey Gobber have you seen Hiccup or Val-" I was cut off when he grabbed my head and turned it to the sky. I saw a black dragon and a dragon with 4 wings. Toothless and Cloudjumper.

"Does that answer your question lad?" He said as he got back to his work with a dragon.

Since he is the dragon dentist now, he's always stacked up with work. I'm glad he found a job with dragons though. It took him a while to get used to them living with us. Hiccup and Valka landed in front of me and I ran up to him and kissed him.

"Where have you been? I was getting worried!" I said after we pulled apart.

"Oh mom and I did some studying about a dragon then we got kidnapped." He said calmly as he got his forge apron on. Wait, why?

"Astrid why don't I explain to you what happened. It'll be some bonding time for me and my sons girlfriend. Besides, we have never had a full conversation." Valka said as she led me to the Great Hall where we could have some dinner.

I had to admit, Valka was perfect. Her personality was just like Hiccup's in every way. Now I see why Hiccup is so, well, Hiccup.

"Alright darling. Time to get you home. Lots of rest for you so you can train tomorrow." She said. Wow. She is the most gentle Viking in all if Berk.

"It was so nice spending time with you Mrs. Haddock." I said as I smiled.

"Oh please, call me Valka."

I smiled and said goodnight.

Valka's POV

I got back to the house and walked in to see Stoick at the table.

"Val you're okay!" He shouted and ran up and hugged me. Never seen this side if Stoick before.

"Of course I am darling. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well you were gone for a long time. I grew concerned."

I couldn't tell him anything that happened. He would freak out and I wouldn't leave this house for weeks.

"Oh everything is fine. Me and Hiccup had a nice long dragon studying session and then u hung out with Astrid to get to know her."

I said calmly.

"That's actually something I needed to talk to you about. Since Hiccup will be chief soon, he needs to get married. And I think he will choose Astrid as his wife." Oh dear. Here we go with Hiccup being chief.

"Stoick listen. I know you want what's best for your village. But think about your son. You need to think about what's best for him too. You can't tell him to do anything he won't listen. He'll be ready to be chief in good time Stoick. You just have to be patient with him." I said as I sat across from him at the table.

"Oh, Val you're right. I've been forcing Hiccup into something he wasn't ready for. Oh I feel like a fool."

"Now don't say that. A chief does what a chief needs to do, but what you did, was something a chief needed to do, but it was just done at the wrong time." I kissed his forehead and went to bed. I was exhausted from all that happened today.

Hiccup's POV

I was almost up all night making this necklace. But I finally finished. It was about 12 am, so I brought the necklace to my house and put it in my desk drawer. I got into my pajamas and climbed into bed.

Tomorrow is all about planning the perfect date.