Dont hold onto the past.

Chapter 32

Astrid's POV

It's been about 3 days since I found Hiccup face down and cold. I knew that he had a high chance of being ok, but part of me was saying he wouldn't make it this time. I did my best to tune that out and concentrate on waiting for Hiccup. Just 4 more days until he was supposed to wake up. Stoick, Valka, Gobber and Gothi would visit to check up on him, and Valka would stay to keep me company, but I didn't leave the house. I would eat my meals and feed the dragons, even though I've had to get mad at Toothless for not eating a few times. I would let Stormfly go out for her flights, but I could tell she missed flying with me.

"Just a few more days girl. Can you wait just a little longer?" I asked and stroked her snout.

She gave a cheerful squawk and flew off through the open window. I turned back to the chair I was sitting in and sat down. I noticed something under the bed, so I pulled it out to reveal a dusty chest. I blew off the dust and opened the chest. It was the same chest that was left on Trader Johanns ship at Breakneck Bog when we got that gift from Valka. (Riders of Berk, episode title is Breakneck Bog, can't remember the episode number) I opened it to find loose papers, the stuffed dragon, and two notebooks. I pulled out the dragon and set it next to Hiccup. I then started to look at all the loose paper. They were all drawings of Toothless and designs for his new tails, the new machines around Berk, and even the designs for his flight suit. Then, I pulled out a notebook. It was just filled with drawings. There was the cove where he met Toothless, a house which looked exactly like his, and all sorts of dragons. I placed that notebook next to the stuffed dragon and opened the other one. My eyes widened when I saw them. These were filled with beautiful drawings of...me. There was when I was just a little girl, sitting with my training axe. I turned the pages and saw all the years of my life. Perfectly captured of paper. But when I got to when we were 15, I was awestruck. There were pictures of me and the rest of the gang putting out fires and training. There was a picture of me with my axe, training in the woods. There was us on my first flight with Toothless, me reaching in the clouds with my eyes closed. There was so many pictures of me and him. I never knew he had this amazing talent. I packed all of the stuff back into the box. Except the stuffed dragon, which oddly resembled Valka's armor almost perfectly. I slid the chest back under the bed and sat back down, and soon enough, I was asleep.

~~page break~~

I woke up about two hours later, and everything was the same. Except I had a blanket covering me and a pillow under my head. Who was here? I thought. I didn't overreact to the blanket and pillow and marched downstairs to make myself dinner. But I got suspicious when I smelled chicken coming from the kitchen. I grabbed my axe and walked slowly toward the kitchen, bringing my axe up with every step. I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around and had to stop myself from hitting the person behind me.

"Do you know how my stuffed dragon got onto the bed? I could've sworn I left it in my chest." Tears filled my eyes.

"HICCUP!" I pounced onto him with enough force to make him step back a few steps. He hugged me back and we stayed like that for a few minutes. "Oh my gods I thought I would loose you for good. You were pale and cold and you passed out three days ago!" I said extremely fast.

"Slow down. I always find a way out of these kinds of situations. You know that." He said and tapped my nose.

"Aren't you concerned that you could've died?" I asked as he walked to the kitchen.

"Of course I am. But I don't get all hung up on it. Because if I do die one day, I'll be able to look back at a life of adventure and freedom, not being carried away with fears." He inspired. He was right. You can't let the past cling onto you and drag you down.

"Wow Hiccup. You're right. I've been so afraid that I would loose you that I completely locked myself away. I missed out on fun things with my friends." I looked at my feet.

"Now that's a whole different situation." He said and lifted my chin with his fingers and planted a kiss on my lips. It was deep, passionate, and probably one of the best. Ever.

I was just glad to have Hiccup alive and well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was it?

I hope it was good.

This one was kinda rushed since I've been taking day trips with my family and we aren't getting back until late at night, but I still wanna update for you guys.

Not sure when I can update next, but hopefully tomorrow.

Anyways, thanks for all the reads and comments and votes!

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to check out Don't be afraid. (The big four)

Astrid🐉