Chapter 10

~ Mean ol' moon it must be fun,

To shine upon me as I come undone. ~

***

Sirius nudged Remus pointing towards the desk where James sat inevitably frowning, "what's possibly wrong with them both?"

Remus looked over to the sulking James and a rather smug Felicity sitting beside him, "maybe they suffered some sort of weird chemical reaction and their bodies got switched."

"Or maybe James really did complete his homework for the first time," he remarked.

Remus shrugged, "could be. It really is odd to see Latvia not glaring for hell out of him for once."

Professor Sinistra assigned them another week's sky gazing and unlike usual James slammed his head straight at the table instead of just flicking the assignment paper carelessly in his pocket.

Felicity however faced him, "do you need an aspirin?"

He looked up at that and was more baffled to see her smiling, "a what?"

"I know you didn't sleep well last night and I'm pretty sure you would have learnt how I felt when I was sleep deprived due to you. It gives a horrible headache and an aspirin happens to be the fastest way to get rid of it."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" he looked at her suspiciously.

Her smile widened, "because you aren't getting any sleep tonight either. Sky gazing... Remember?"

He groaned, "bloody hell..."

"Mind your language, Potter. We're still in the classroom and the lesson hasn't gotten over yet."

As the bell rang people had almost filed out of the classroom except the Marauders who were waiting for James to get himself together, and Felicity who was taking notes.

Jotting down the last line in her notebook she picked up her stuff and got up, "if you don't turn up for sky gazing tonight, I won't let you borrow my notes and you can fail for as long as you like."

"I hate you," he mumbled.

She looked at him triumphantly, "love you too, Potter." Then she added as an afterthought, "but in reality, I still hate you more so you better not fantasize."

James glared at her, "will you please leave me alone at the moment, Miss Felicity Overjoyed Latvia?"

She shrugged, "geez, I'd be glad to do that. It's not like I wanted to stay with you any longer either."

After she had gone, Peter spoke up, "now even I think that they somehow got switched."

James frowned, rolling his eyes ironically, "tell me about it."

Sirius spoke up, "what's wrong, mate? Why are you being so... Latvia-ish today?"

James only grumbled in reply.

Sirius was still a bit suspicious, "how about you ditch the sky gazing for just one night? I could come up with any possible excuse and you could easily get your sleep."

James rolled his eyes dramatically, "to be honest, that's not the case at all. I'd come to the tower or else she will actually do something I'd regret afterwards."

"Since when did you start being afraid of Shortie here?"

Remus spoke, "you're only over reacting. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and you're just making a mountain out of an ant hill, as always."

James quickly packed his stuff and got up, "you know what, guys, this once I'm not over reacting at all. Lily thinks that... Lily thinks me and Latvia are together!"

There was a moment of silence which was broken by an exasperated half shout from Sirius, "what...? How?"

He replied wearily, "I was simply teasing Latvia. And... And Lily heard it."

"Oh...," Sirius nodded knowingly, "and Latvia seems okay with that?"

He shrugged, "considering that it's way too annoying for me, surely she's more than just okay with that. Believe it or not, she considers this is payback for me being annoying to her."

Remus had a tiny smile dancing on his face.

"What are you smiling at, Moons?" Sirius spoke shifting his attention to him from James.

"Ah, nothing. Just thinking that if I had been in her place, I would have done the same to you," he replied. 

James groaned in disappointment, "you need to be reminding that you're my friend, not Latvia's yet you somehow always take her side."

He shrugged, "I don't take anyone's side. I only side up with who's right given the situation."

"Guys... I have an idea," Sirius spoke up suddenly reverting their attention towards him.

James looked at him expectantly, "if that's an idea to make Lily believe that she has had a misunderstanding, then I'm in."

A smirk spread on his face as he nodded, "of course it is. Can't see my mate in so much trouble now, can I?"

"Would you please enlighten us on what brilliant idea you have in mind, Padfoot?" Peter asked.

He nodded, eyes glittering with mischief, "all in right time, Wormy. We will discuss it in the dorm when I am confident that there's no one prying in to hear us."

***