Chapter 15

~ You realize that life goes fast, it's hard to make the good things last

You realize the sun doesn't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round. ~

***

Felicity knew the instant Remus had told her of the plan cooked up by his friends that she was in for a great deal of trouble. Because apparently dating a Marauder could land anyone in the school's hot list. 

The remaining school year proved to be a constant torture to her, with everyone gossiping about her and Remus. Sometimes, she mentally slapped herself for taking up Rem's offer and sometimes she even felt she should go and tell James the truth and ask him to stop by confirming to the whole of the school that it was all a stupid joke.

But then she did enjoy the occasional trips to Hogsmeade with Remus. There was something in Remus Lupin which made her feel like herself. In his presence, she didn't have to bother about what he would think about her. Because despite all, both of them surprisingly understood each other well.

But even then, she considered him just as a close friend and he did the same; a fact which was very disappointing to her friend Alicia Knight.

Thankfully, in the last few months of school term, the gossips stopped as the OWLs were right ahead and every one in their year was freaking out. Felicity had gone to Professor Sinistra to report James's minute progress in Astronomy and also to ask her to minimize the tutoring hours so she could focus on her lessons too.

It was hopefully her last tutoring lesson with Potter for that year. She was in the library waiting for him and noticed that he was only three minutes late, a big development since he would always be roughly around ten to fifteen minutes late either caught up in some prank or some argument with his nemesis, Severus Snape.

She knew that they had only got to do the star chart and after that, she would be free of any sort of tutor duties; a fact which made her feel much relieved. Throughout the lesson she observed that Potter might really have been taking the OWLs seriously because he did remember the constellation names including Eridanus, Monoceros and Camelopardalis; the three names he could barely even pronounce in the starting months of the fifth year.

After the scheduled two hours lapsed, when he was about to leave she stopped him, "wait a second, Potter, I might have something to tell you."

Rather surprised, James sat back down facing her with utter amazement written on his face, "okay...?"

"You have improved a lot, I must admit," she resumed, "and no that doesn't mean you get to boast about it now. All I'm saying is that I hope you do well in the exams."

He nodded, "that's very well but can I know the reason why you're being so civil to an annoying and pathetically ignorant toadstool like me?"

Her face reddened slightly at that remark, she remembered she had called him that once but she had obviously not expected he would know what it meant as she had made that remark in Italian.

"Are you secretly taking Italian classes as well? Because if you are, I'm highly curious how you could manage that along with the tough OWLs schedule."

He shrugged, "well, when you called me that fungo something..."

"Fungo pateticamente fastidioso?" she interjected.